Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as you know I was at scout camp for a week. The staff knew I'm an electrician, so I was asked to repair several items. You understand, I was asked to volunteer! So I repair a fan in the dinning hall because it was about 90 degrees. Simple job.

I finish up and go to drive my Windstar with my tools back to the parking lot. I start to back up very cautiously. Next thing I know, glass is exploding all over the place. I didn't even feel any resistance, just BOOM.

That $500.00 deductable really sucks just bout know!
http://a8.cpimg.com/image/B6/D4/11442358-2bd2-02000152-.jpg

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
There is something missing here cobber!!!!!!!!

http://a3.cpimg.com/image/A3/78/11439523-436c-02000152-.jpg

G

·
0 Posts
I hear that up in heaven, God has a special campfire circle for all the Scoutmasters when they arrive. I have many friends who wait there for me. A place where nobody gets blisters or burns the macaroni, and the coffee is always just right.

God will reward you for your sacrifice, in the next world if not this one.

Be Prepared!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
You were the electrician volunteer that just happened to be there......now is the time to find the body man volunteer that was there and seek out some "volunteer labor". As they say in Panama, one hand washes the other one.

Tough lick you took on that one, sorry. You did what was right though.

·
Registered
21,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A local bodyshop owner is heavily involved with scouting and knows this camp very well. I'm going to see him!

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
So.... what caused the glass to explode and/or caused the dent in the tail gate?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I see a large dent and a busted rear window, you felt no resisitance, so it must have been the Blair Witch you backed into! Or maybe Jason? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
What'd ya hit!?

·
Registered
21,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jason! Actually Nobebosco was called Crystal Lake. I wonder how many people realize this was the site where that movie was filmed. Most of the buidings are gone now, though.

Oh, BTW it was a tree that jumped out behind me.

·
Registered
532 Posts
[color:blue]A tree that jumped out. </font color=blue>

I feel your pain. Here’s a little off topic story that fits here.

A few years ago I got a used boat. We picked it up on a Thursday night, and were heading to Cape Cod on Friday night for vacation. All went well, we had a good time. On the way home, about 2 hours away from the cape, a wheel bearing lets go. It’s a holiday weekend. I park on the side of the Mass Pike, unhook the trailer, and try to find a bearing. HA! No luck, everything is closed. I make a bearing out of tape, and drag the trailer ¼ mile to a turn off. Git to an area hotel about 11:30. Oh and I have my three dogs with me. After a long sleepless night, we head out to find a bearing. About 4 hours later, we get back to the trailer, and I start working. Get it together, and head down the road. At the next rest stop, we stop so I can take a look at the bearing. It’s HOT! So I pull it apart agen, re greese the bearing, and go inside to clean up. Come out, jump in the van, back the trailer out of the parking space a CLUNK!!!!!! Seems my wife had opened one of the back doors of the van when I was in cleaning up. With all the dogs, and their cages I could not see the door open. Well we finally got home after 36 hours.[250miles] It was a REAL quiet ride home.

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
Oh, BTW it was a tree that jumped out behind me.

You know, there are trees in the forest, I've heard...

hehehe

That's why I drive an old truck with a big utility bumper....I've backed into a few trees and mailboxes and fenceposts and *G*...in my time too...

Hope the tree huggers didn't get ya for doin' some whoop-ass on one of their trees...*G*

So, what did you do at summer camp..??

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,741 Posts
I stopped to help a stranded motorist on the freeway. He was out of gas. I happened to know there was an exit with a gas station just over a rise. We decided the best option was for me to push his car up to speed and then he could just coast right to the gas pump. I was so busy trying to line up with his rear bumper that I failed to notice I was too close to the guard rail and added a nice $600 gouge to my right fender and door.
At least the other guy's day turned out for the better.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts