Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I've tried about every suggestion that I could find on the forum for this problem but still no luck. I've got juice to the battery side of the coil. I've tried 3 different coils and two different starter relays. I've tried jumping a wire from the + side of the battery to the battery side of the coil. Nada, Nothing, no spark. Anyone have other suggestions short of fire sale?
thanks

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Maybe I missed it, but what is the rest of the ignition setup? The rest of the ignition plays a part in generating the spark. Ie., if the set-up in the distributor isn't working, you won't get a spark.

Carl

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Strange enough it was both the Pertronix and the coil. I replace the coil, nothing. I put back the first coil and replaced the pertronix with the points and condenser, nothing. I left in the points and replaced the coil, Solved. I put the pertronix back in, nothing. I put the points back in and called it a day. What sort of event would cause failure of both? Very weird.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
you have to have points open and close to get spark and you did not mention your ignition system. if you points (or electronic ignition) do not provide open and closed cicuit to ground the coil will not provide any spark. PM me if you need further advise.

G

·
0 Posts
make sure the wire going to the points or pertronix isn't grounding out the system. That'll mess things up. good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts