Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I'll have to head to either Sears or a specialty auto store for a set....I was able to get a bunch of other cheap-ass hand tools that I'll eventually need, though ! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Dickson

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
I don't think you'd want Harbor Freight flare wrenches. They won't fit very good, and you'll end up rounding off the nut that you're trying so hard to protect.

Best to use quality hand tools. You know that.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
I agree. Buy Craftsman flare nut wrenches. The other ones are crap.

G

·
Amen brother! You're preaching to the choir now! In my experience you get what you pay for with tools. Snap-On... a little pricey & hard to get replaced on Sunday. Mac... same. Most tools are that way. Just me & the tool man... we burn it up at Sears!!!!!

·
Premium Member
11,703 Posts
Harbor Freight for hand tools? Hmm...

Would that I was made of money, then I could go order these.

I can't believe the price difference. Here is Sears' offering. That's over 120.00 difference... sheesh

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
I agree with 66emberglow. You would end up using a pair of visegrips to get the nut loose. Better off to go to Sears.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Kent - I can't believe the Snap-On set was only $ 125 (or whatever) I priced a few selected combination wrenches recently and they were $25-30 EACH !

Good thing I like Craftsman okay..

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I love Harbor Freight (2.2 miles from home), but you have to be selective. I have some combination wrenches and sockets from their that are great and almost indestructable. The flare nut wrenches on the other hand suck. Go to Sears for that one.

I only wish I could afford to buy from Mac, but I bought an entire car for what I've saved in tools at HF.

·
Registered
10,985 Posts
you get what you pay for. Got a full set of Snap-on line wrenches, and if they can't take it off, I have to use a torch on it.....

You get what you pay for.....

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I agree, for the most part. I'd never buy a full set of sockets, reman'd power tools, or precision pieces from Harbor Freight......So I guess you're right as I was trying to cheap out ....But to round out my missing nut drivers, teflon and duct tape, shorty screwdrivers, bungies, nylon strapping, and misc cutting/sanding/grinding supplies and other non-precision tools their prices can't be beat.

I'll be heading to Sears later ! Dickson

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Kent. Got that exact Craftsman set...for $25. Dickson

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.