Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put the motor and transmission in my daughter’s car. 302 with a c-6 the problem I am having is the motor sits high and the trans. is long about 3" too long for the cross-member. I do not have a c-6 cross-member yet but I do not think it will work either. Any input will help at this point. I give up for now.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just because I do not know. What is the difference? I think I will go back to a c-4 tranny.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I wish I could figure out how to post a pic on this site because they are kind of hard to discibe and two vendors books i looked at sold the wrong ones. The 65 frame mounts look similar to the I6's and use 2 different mount ie a left one and a right one.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Jeez, this is the VMF, I'm used to a solid answer being posted the first time around. ???

The I6 and V8 frame mounts are very different and you need V8 frame mounts when you're converting an I6 car. The V8 frame mounts are finally being reproduced, NPD lists them as item number 628-9-1A on page 78 of the 2007 catalog with a price of $99.95
HTH
--Kyle

·
Registered
15 Posts
here are a couple of pics of my 65 frame mounts as you can see they are very different from the NPD ones thanks MarkStang

http://pictures.aol.com/galleries/mustanglover6667/c460gwZG8I3k9QonPSgCrgyJ*-40xPGtPiz1v4xQp5Fd3Ig=

http://pictures.aol.com/galleries/mustanglover6667/c460gwZG8I3k9QonPSgCrgyJ*z69oBUWDaQjv4xQp5Fd3Ig=

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mustanglover thanks for the pics. That is different than mine the ones in the npd cat. are what I have. Thanks to all who have tried to help

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
I just had an idea, could the mounts be switched right and left? The engine will sit high if they are switched around. Also, the reason the C6 doesn't match up is the crossmember is different and there are no factory 65-66 C6 crossmembers, so it's not a strict bolt in.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just looked at the mounts they are correct. The reason I did not think about the trans. mount is I know the 67-68 have a c6 and have seen them changed from a c4 with just the angle cut mount (that is the only way I can say that). It did not seem to be a problem in those cars. Why I do not know. Thanks for your input, Jeremy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts