Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody , working my way through recommissioning a long been standing 68 fastback , the problem is i can't get a spark, could not see any problems under the hood so looked at the ignition switch side it looks to have been badly replaced at some time, so i bought a replacement scott drake ignition switch pigtail repair , turned out a load of rubbish did not fit and just fell apart ! so... i found a n.o.s ford repair pigtail all good now! my question is i have wired it back up to the ignition wire loom yellow to yellow - black and green to black and green, red & purple to red & purple and purple to purple, but i have two wires left on the pigtail red & white and red & brown , on the loom side i have two wires also, green and brown and brown within a sheath , has anybody got any idea which of the wires go's where ? any help gratefully received !

Thanks
Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
37,688 Posts
The one you say is "brown in a sheath" I believe is your PINK resistance wire, which should go to the "C" terminal on the switch along with a RED/GRN (which you probably see as RED/BRN).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts