Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked in another older thread. I thought I'd bump it up a bit and see if anyone has installed one.

They've been around for almost a year now? Anybody ... Buller ... ?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have. Ordeeed in on 12/20 it arrived 7/21 MDL

still have to do a full write up
That would be great. Can you share some info now…how was fitment in the tunnel…? Any cutting or welding…? I have a ‘68 I really don’t want to alter sheet metal.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
That would be great. Can you share some info now…how was fitment in the tunnel…? Any cutting or welding…? I have a ‘68 I really don’t want to alter sheet metal.
I’m curious myself. I understood the TKX to be physically similar to the T5 in overall size. Just a tad bit larger.

Hoping to hear that it drops in like the T5.

Sent from the interwebs... where else?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shorten the driveshaft? That's weird. The TKX is 1/4" shorter than a T5. I guess the old toploaders a Looooong.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I picked up the TKX today ...

First question: there is a "donut" plug in the tailshaft housing. It's basically a rubber slip yoke. Looks like it's designed to prevent leaking during shipping (I can't imagine that it was shipped full ... but ...).

Some things I've read say to pull it out with pliers. Some say to push it in with the slip yoke?!?!

Anyone with a TKX comment on what you did?

Kyle

·
Registered
11,115 Posts
Shorten the driveshaft? That's weird. The TKX is 1/4" shorter than a T5. I guess the old toploaders a Looooong.
Total guess but I’ll bet his Cougar driveshaft may not have been an ideal length to begin with…….

1 - 12 of 12 Posts