Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking the car over, figuring what needs to be done next. Thats when I noticed the back of my sportlamps had something amiss. I said "my but thats a lot of homemade wiring". The misguided electician wannabee wired the sport lamps to work as directionals-lucky me. Add to that the cure for rust- sprayfoam(lots and lots of spray foam), and I beleive this PO deserves at the very least an honorable mention.

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
Some people are just too inventive for words..the P.O. of my Convert..used a Mopar radiator..bottom outlet on wrong side so just run a longer hose clear under the block to the water pump..*LOL*..sure makes one wonder

'59 T-Bird..[color:blue]'70 Mustang Convert</font color=blue>...[color:green]'72 Mach One</font color=green>
http://www.geocities.com/theadgroup/t-bird.jpg
The Black Beauty, The old lady in my stable

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
That might have been done on purpose, having inlet and outlet on different sides might improve cooling. My car had instead of Mopar rad a 72 250 Six rad and instead of one simple hose PO had created three pieces of hoses and one metal tube that looked like it came from kitchen sink and one plastic which I am pretty sure was vacuum cleaner accessory!! But my car had it's share of Mopar stuff. I had trouble finding cap and rotor, because parts guy said that they are not Ford at all. It took half an hour checking all possible catalogs the US-Parts in Finland had and finally the guy said "Congratulations I found them, these are Mopar Marine parts. And triple congrats, we even have these parts on shelf." But more PO POS surfaced when I checked deeper into dizzy, PO had put wire instead of springs to tie centrifugal weights steady. I have since stopped looking what to do next. I just pray.

Door handle first when cornering

·
Registered
329 Posts
I found my lower radiator hose had about 30 feet of black electrical tape covering a small hole. It was up behind the alt so I didn't see it right away. Sheesh! I think a roll of tape cost more than the hose I replaced it with.

Go figure.

66 Coupe
C Code
http://bio.wayne.edu/dave/st51.jpg

G

·
0 Posts
hi doug2stanger here
i got my 68 when i was 17 , now i am forty. i cant even remember all
the things i have done to it. some of if has to be bad, now i do a better
job. although this is one of my favorite lines i tell people.
this is only a temperary fix., although it takes along time , i
do finally get around to doing it right. sometimes. if i every sell
my car i will leave a hidden note somewhere, saying you fix it
i was to stupid too. later

douglas rhine of nebraska
the man with the sad dog face

·
Registered
672 Posts
I just found a flattened out garbage can lid welded to my floor in the back. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif I think that might be some kind of symbolism. What do you think?

http://my67heven.tripod.com/emsm.gifI was looking for a restoration of fantasy. I do not want my car to be as it was in 1967. I want it to be as I imagined it in 1967. -John Baird
Got Rust? 1967 A-Code Coupe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts