Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
painted a car this past weekend. the color is kinda weird, but that's what this car was originally. Pete M. and I did the work on it and sprayed it. We used Concept PPG single stage which I like. Makes the paint look a lot like the original enamel. Only thing I don't like is that when you are watersanding, you never know how far you've gone. At least with clearcoat as long as it's milky white stuff you watersand you're ok.

Go here for pics

Charles Turner
MCA Gold Card Judge(64.5-65, 66)
'65 Fastback
'00 GT Conv, triple black

Check out my 65 [color:blue]fastback!</font color=blue>

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
Is it my eyes or is that somewhere between Mustard and Lime. Weird is right. Looks good though.

1966 Red Conv (200)
1966 White Pony Int.(289)A Code
1966 Coupe (289) C Code
MCA 36048

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
What kinda paint was it, urethane (I KNOW thats spelled wrong!)? I am debating between that and bc/cc to replace my crumby old enamel paint.

-Jason

'72 Mach 1 || '90 Talon TSi AWD
http://nosaj122081.tripod.com/parade3.jpg
"Thats not a leak, my car's marking its territory!"
"If you've done it, it ain't braggin'." -Roy Rogers

·
Registered
926 Posts
I can't wait to get to that point. DId you guys use box fans and furnace filters for your booth ventilation? I'm forced to shoot in my basement under the house, so I've been considering different temporary booth options.

Oh yea, and the paint job looks slick regardless of the color.

66 C-code convertible
66 C-code coupe
65 GTO hardtop
76 Nova hatchback

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Interesting. Know anything about urethane paint? Previous owner has it on my car and said it needed to be "glazed" again. (only done once at the shop-paint still quite new 1 year-200 miles out of garage) He also tells me not to put wax on it????

Raven Black 66 Fastback GT, 289 A Code, PS, C-4, AC
Pony w/Rally-Pack, TTD's
Cool Huh?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts