Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ? Im new to forum and to the wonderful world of mustang restoration. I have come across something a little odd and was hoping you could help??
I have a 1968 Mustang Coupe inline 6. I have been restoring the interior and have just discovered the front bucket seats are not what seem to be standard with the car. The seats are quite a lot taller than stock seats and have a different shape. Unfortunately I discovered this after purchasing new upholstery.... I already did the back seat and that all fit fine, front seats - not so much. The original upholstery would suggest it came with the car when purchased as everything matches and seat bolts do not look altered in any way.

Can you let me know if this was some sort of optional extra or if these are perhaps from another model / year of mustang?

Thanks!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Could be 1969 seats. The Mach 1 and I believe deluxe interior had the higher seat. Yours are not Mach 1 upholstery, maybe was re done? Either way, could be 69 seats

·
Premium Member
68 Mustang Coupe
3,528 Posts
Those appear to be 1970 deluxe interior seats.

·
Premium Member
4,923 Posts
@BJP I bet somebody would LOVE to trade some 68 seats that would work for your upholstery AND some ca$h for those 70 Hi-backs.

Reactions: BJP

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow you guys are FAST! You look to be correct. In terms of the metal tag, there's one attached inside each piece and all seem to be slightly different. One of them says:
DOZ6364701G
V MGR
AOF 2032 F6

Upon further inspection, I also just found another smaller black metal tag that appears to have a date! 10-20-69
Would that be the correct date for a 1970 vehicle?

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I’ve got some seats to trade... don’t know where you are located?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts