Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I offered to host the next poker night, so herewego:

Would Saturday the 25th work for youse guys?

I have family company until that Friday, so an earlier date won't work. This would be a good date because weather should still be good (I'm better set up for large gatherings outdoors rather than in), and because I should get DB back from the paint shop right about then. It's also a night much of the family is elsewhere.

I'm in Citrus Heights (sorry, John!) near Greenback and 80.

Okays, or alternates?

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 24th is an option if that's really better for most of yez, but I have family leaving earlier that day and I'd prefer to avoid the hecticnessicity if possible :)

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Jim,

Thanks for offering to host the next event. Unfortunately, I will likely miss this month's event as I am in Florida right now assisting with insurance claims and not expected back until the 23rd at the earliest. I can make up for my absence by offering to host in Oct (unless I have to return to FL).

Go ahead and play acey-deucey for hours on end to build up the pot again. However, I noticed, Jim, that you have in your profile as a hobby 'poker maven' and can only hope you are not a secret card shark, preying on us to rob our Mustang slush funds.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've only played about 15 minutes of poker in two gatherings, and lost $2-3. :p

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Hi Jim, thanks for offering to host. I can't make any weekends in Sept., too many non-Ford commitments. How about I just send a $5 pot contribution, because that's what I lose each time. ::

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Any updates on a head count, guys? If everyone who's planning to come would PM me for directions, that would be a help.

I'm figuring 5:00 start, since the days are getting shorter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts