Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Sunday August 3rd, there is the annual Mustang & Ford show of the Northern Mustang Corral in Bourbonnais,IL.
Are any club members planning on attending this show? I know it is just north of Kankakee (off I-57) and a long drive.
I will have my car there.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Hey Chuck! I checked out your webpage and your car looks great. Did you change over the dash to 66 style guages and glove box door, or did a previous owner? I always preferred the '66 style myself. I see you have the correct '65 rally pack, though. Cool.

·
Registered
247 Posts
i'll be there. missed out this weekend had planned on going to route 66 but with the down pour and all didn't get my chance.
how is that show? have you been to it before(good turnout?)
do you have directions.
thanks

·
Registered
131 Posts
I plan to attend. I spoke with a couple Shelby owners at Route 66 who recommended it.

By the way, although the Route 66 events initially were cancelled due rain, they ultimately decided to squeeze in some racing at 5:00. Very cool!

·
Registered
879 Posts
This is down by my neck of the woods. Is this more of a show, or like a cruise night?

·
Registered
9,991 Posts
I was there last year when it was at a car dealer (Court Street Ford), now it will be in a park which might be a plus if it is paved.
Thier shows are well run, friendly, have a few parts swappers (not like in the old days) and...THEY EXEMPT THIER MEMBERS CARS FROM COMPETION!! So, none of that tricky crap where their own get the trophies. I'd go but I'm working.

G

·
0 Posts
I've been reading the site for a while, and now have a reason to post. I'm from Bourbonnais and its been an annual show for a while. It's not a cruise night. There are usually a lot of Concours type cars there, not really to many modified. If I remember correctly, there were over 100 vintage cars there last year.

It is a whole lot better the Fun Ford Weekend show yesterday.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I'll be there, though without my fastback this year as I'll be showing the truck. I went the last two years and really liked the shows. Both years only three 65-66 fastbacks showed up so I default won 3rd place both times (not the way I would prefer to win but I really couldn't compare to the concourse quality cars next to me). Hardly any hardtops show up (only one 65-66 last year) but plenty of convertibles and lots of 79+ models (but it is not specifically geared to them). This is the one show I refuse to miss, and this year it's going to be in a park instead of on the baking hot asphalt. If anyone has directions I know I would appreciate hearing about it on this site. Otherwise, I'll look you guys up there (or find me--I'm sure I'll have the only F100 there with fishing gear inside). ::

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
I was there last year as well. My fastback broke down about 30 minutes into the trip down there. Stood on the side of I-55 for a while, until a buddy showed up to help me out. Got the car running again and took it home. Got the truck and headed out for the show again.

It was a pretty good show and the park setting can only make it better. I would be there but will be out of town. Have a great time.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Troy (66GTK),
The dash and the glovebox door are the originals on my 65 GT. The chrome outline on both is the "eyebrow" shape, not the 360 degree outline introduced in 66.
Chuck

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Directions to the Bourbonnais Show at Perry Farm Park:

1) I-57 south to the IL-50 exit (says Bradley, Bourbannais, Kankakee)
2) IL-50 south to Armour Road
3) Turn right on Armour,go 1.25 miles to Convent St. (also known as US-52 & US-45).
4) Turn left on Convent and go approx 1.12 miles to the park.
The park address is 459 N. Kennedy Drive.

Chuck

·
Registered
9,991 Posts
not that it will make a difference, 'cause I won't be there. But will this be out on grass, or is there a large paved area at this park?

·
Registered
441 Posts
What time does the show start and is there a sign up fee?
Looks to be around a 2 hour drive from Algonquin, but I am thinking about it. ::
(P.S. Troy, All 65's with GT pkg had that dash and glove box.)

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Yes, I stand corrected. I got confused and thought all the '65s had the concave style glove box door. Hard to believe they offered 3 different doors and instrument bezels in one model year when you consider pony interior and GT options.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bourbonnais Show Info:
1) Car registration 8am~11am
2) Participant judging starts at 11:15am
3) Trophies at 3pm
4) Day of show registration fee is $15

Vintage classes:
64~66 Coupe
64~66 Convert
65~66 Fastback
67~68 Coupe & Fastback
67~68 Convert
69~70 Coupe & Fastback
69~70 Convert
71~73 Coupe & Fastback
71~73 Convert
Boss Mustang
Shelby closed
Shelby Open

These are the same classes you will see at the Landmark Ford show August 10th. Finally a Mustang show where all the cars are not lumped together. I am looking forward to "Ford & Mustang" people doing the judging. It should be a good show.
Chuck

G

·
0 Posts
Here are the directions to Perry Farm Park:

The best way to get to the park is to take IL Rt. 45 South into Bourbonnais.

So if you are comming from the south west suburbs, go to LaGrange and keep heading south.

If you are close to I-57, take it to exit 315 (Rt.50) and go south off the exit. Take that to the first light (Armour Rd) and go Right. This will take you to Rt. 45 (Kennedy Dr). You can also follow the Bears Training Camp signs because the Park is only about 2 miles south of the Camp on Rt. 45.

After you are on Rt. 45 go south untill you see the Park on the Right side. Perry Farm is about 1 Block south of Broadway St, so when you see that, you know your close.
You turn into the park by a Festival Foods grocery store.

Perry Farm is a forest preserve type park with a little petting zoo and a lot of walking and bike trails by the Kankakee River. So bring some Off or you might just be the next West Nile case.

It might be a good Idea for everyone who wants to meet up and go into the show together to meet at the Festival Foods parking lot.

Here is the address to the shows web page.

http://northernmustangcorral.itgo.com/03CarShow.html

Looks like car registration is from 8:00 to 11:00 and judging starts after that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts