Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pair of NOS 4V D0AE closed chamber Cleveland heads for sale. Im posting this to see if there is any interest.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The heads are in the North Dallas area. I see some open chamber heads on ebay for stupid high prices but I have been out of the hobby almost 20 years so my perception of price is grossly outdated. To my surprise there are seriously good aluminum aftermarket head options that didnt exist when I was building Ford engines.
is $2000 out of line with reality?

·
Premium Member
11,029 Posts
Your market for these heads is most likely limited to somebody restoring a car to concours original condition and to that person a correct date code would be imperative. It may be of benefit to you to post the date codes from these heads.

As to a guy just looking for performance heads for his 351C, this is your competition for his money:

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
The heads are in the North Dallas area. I see some open chamber heads on ebay for stupid high prices but I have been out of the hobby almost 20 years so my perception of price is grossly outdated. To my surprise there are seriously good aluminum aftermarket head options that didnt exist when I was building Ford engines.
is $2000 out of line with reality?
to the right guy maybe but because of several aluminum head options available, edelbrocks are around 1900-200 for a pair loaded, used closed chamber 4v heads are maybe 300 pair heck the stock exhaust manifolds are almost worth more than the heads, i think my buddy sold a pair of stock reworked 4v heads for 5-600 at carlisle a couple years ago. not trying to buy or sell these just giving you what info I have from selling used parts. i just sold a pair of 4v heads to a friend for 250 this weekend.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
The 351C head is far more common than a Boss 351 or Boss 302 head so the "rarity" isn't there. "I" think $800 -$1000 would be tops. Not trying to kick you in the groin , just being realistic.It would take "the right person" to buy them.
Randy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts