Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Mustang Convertible
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are door skins and fastback quarter panels available NOS for a 66?

You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me!!!
66 200 3-spd Coupe - emberglo, daily driver
65 289 4-spd Conv - Rangoon Red (what else)
66 Shelby - Red and Ready to be Restored

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Marc - IIRC when I was searching for replacement doors for my car Laurel Mtn Mustang had doors they represented as "completely rust free" - for $650 each. OUCH.
I ended up, thanks fo the kindness of Midlife, buying a pair of very good FL doors for $225 and reskinning them.
Good luck - Dickson

1965 GT fastback / "Fastbasketcase" (by Midlife)
There's a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

·
Registered
65 Mustang Convertible
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1300 for new door hurts a little.
Where did you get the new skins and did they fit well?

You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me!!!
66 200 3-spd Coupe - emberglo, daily driver
65 289 4-spd Conv - Rangoon Red (what else)
66 Shelby - Red and Ready to be Restored

·
Registered
514 Posts
Arrgghh, where did you find good Florida doors? I live in Florida and every Mustang door I've found is rusted out!

I saw an add not too long ago on the VMF classifeds for a set of NOS rear fastback quarters. The guy was asking like $2000 for the pair. Yikes.

http://216.71.48.244/archive/mikecar.jpg

65 Fastback 289 4spd in storage :-(
91 CRX Si... A.K.A. my go-kart with AC!

·
Premium Member
19,191 Posts
I found them in a classified ad in my local newspaper. On a lark, I called the number, went to look, and my jaw dropped! Very decent condition, not perfect, just good, for $350 plus a bunch of other unusable parts. Negotiated down to $250, and the deal was done.

http://clubs.hemmings.com/baymustang/platesmall.jpgLet me check your shorts! My multimeter is just a-waiting! Formerly known as Midlife in the old VMF.
King of the Old Farts *struts*

G

·
0 Posts
[color:blue]i'm looking to redo my quarters and i have been unable to find some reasonably priced sheetmetal... if i find anyone i will definitely let you know, i really dont want to go repro after hearing some of the horror stories on here...

/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[color:blue]Todd Dietrich
restomod junkie, 19 year old kid who has too many ideas and not enough money to finish any of them..
ObsidianSpider on AOL IM
http://home.att.net/~obsidianspider/5lugwormviewsmall.jpg</font color=blue>

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
I got a set of skins @ NPD. I don't know if there is any difference between vendors/manufacturers there. I'm supposed to go see the car (hopefully painted) this next week. My paint guy says the new skins look great. Also, as he was able to open up the entire door we were able to clean out the inside, repaint and undercoat so hopefully no rust in the future!
Good luck on the hood. Dickson

1965 GT fastback / "Fastbasketcase" (by Midlife)
There's a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts