Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you watch the precious metals like Gold and Silver? Gold and Silver up until today had been hanging fairly tough against the falling stock market. During the last market crash in the 2008/2009 years both Gold and Silver went down with the market but came back with a vengeance with Silver going up just over $49 an ounce. The last few days the Silver to Gold ratio has been bouncing of off 100 to 1 I believe that has only happened one other time in history around 1991. For some that is a signal to sell Gold and buy Silver. I believe it could widen even further. Crazy times we are in.

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Silver to Gold ratio is at 109 to 1 in after hours trading tonight. Silver down to $14.09. This is not the bottom and could easily fall to $12.00 an ounce when the market drops again over the next few weeks. This will be another great opportunity to invest in Silver for cheap. Something to keep in mind after the 2008/2009 market crash Silver to Gold ratio was in the mid 80's and climbed all the way to about 33 to 1. meaning it took 33 ounces of Silver to buy 1 ounce of Gold. Silver has never in history been this cheap compared to Gold.

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Silver just dropped again in after hours trading to $12.64 with the Ratio at 116 to 1. Going to be a rough day in the market at opening bell. Most Americans have never invested in Silver and I firmly believe everyone should own some physical Silver. Stay away from Silver ETFs ie no paper Silver only physical. If you own no Silver I would buy what is called Junk Silver being 1964 and older 90% Silver Halves,Quarters and dimes. Then buy Silver Eagles or Canadian Maples

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is a huge dump in the price of Metals. Silver now at $11.85 ounce and Gold $1455. That is a ratio of 122.80 to 1. With Silver taking a 20% hit in price this morning I doubt any coin dealers are selling. If they are premiums will be High. In my area before January you could by Junk Silver at close to Spot, Generic 1 ounce rounds about $1.00 to $1.50 over spot and Eagles $2.50 to $3.00 each over spot. If you can find Silver for sale I would recommend buying while you can if you can get a decent price over spot. I have not looked at the futures market but it can not be good for today

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I have an early 1900s dime. I think that's the only silver I own. And the only gold I own is what's in the wedding ring, but I'm waiting for prices to go back up before selling that.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts