Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
From what I hear it's a 'puter kid with nothing better to do.

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
Uh, it's true. The Ford-diesel.com site has received a cease and desist order from Ford and will be changing its name to thedieselstop.com as of December 31st. Other sites have received similar letters. They're protecting the "Ford" name and irritating customers.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah... I just got off the phone with someone I know... Seems they don't want any "Negative" responses & remarks from some www sites & are afraid someone might say something that the Ford family might not like. Seems like they're all a chip off of old Edsels' block...

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
It makes you wonder why Ford (may I say the holy name without fear of prosecution?) obviously spends so much more on corporate lawyers than they do on customer service. Great way to build and re-enforce brand loyalty.

BTW, is the new Mach 1 intended as a 2004 model or is it coming out as we speak? I thought it was being introduced in the 2003 model year but the local Ford (there's that forbidden word again) dealer said it was a planned 2004 model.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
The Mach I is a 2003 model. Should see them on the streets in the next 60-90 days.

If they're going after the "Ford"-named sites, can the "Mustang"-named sites be far behind??? /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif Next thing may be the sites with "GT350" in their names (oops! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've met him a couple of times. I'm a big old okie & he intimidates ME!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts