Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how many others are having this problem.

Ever since Friday night's SQL meltdown and the subsequent deletion of my username, I cannot receive emails from VMF.

The first occurence was the email that was supposed to notify me of my temp password when I re-established my username, mrgem. It never showed up, so I had to get ShanMan to give me a temp password thru Instant Messaging.

Since then, none of the replies to my posts come to me as emails, even though I specify "Email all replies" when I create the original.

Is anyone else having this problem?

·
2,695 Posts
I luckily didn't lose my login last week, but I am not getting email from the VMF
anymore either.

I already PM'd bob about it, but I'm sure he's busy doing other things, as well as
chasing all the problems here too...

-Zim

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GT350Clone is having the same problem. Here's an email just sent to me:

GT350Clone here. I read your VMF message regarding emails......but can't reply due to the fact that I'm STILL locked out of VMF. I've sent emails to bob & shanman several times since Saturday, but nobody has replied!

I've tried re-registering my old name (GT350Clone), as well as establishing a new name (Cloney) at a new email addy, but the VMF won't mail me a new (temp) password. And YES, I've cleared my cache, tossed my cookies, etc... When I view my profile, I'm back to a "newbie" with 0 posts!!!

I'm still stuck out here in cyberspace, reading VMF but can't login to reply...I wonder how many others are in the same boat????

Feel free to post this email as a reply to your post, if you wish. Maybe SOMEBODY will tell me SOMETHING!!

Thanks,

Bob V
TPFKA GT350Clone

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So Zim...It looks like you have moderator authority. Can you possibly set up a temp password for GT350Clone and email it to him?

His address is:

[email protected]

·
Registered
7,671 Posts
I have no Email notification either.... Tossed the cookies, log out, log in, reset preferences, to no avail...

·
2,695 Posts
Actually, I am a moderator, not an administrator.

I think I need to be able to log in as him to reset his password. I tried to and
it says I don't have the permission to do it.

If I figure out another way, I will do it.

-Zim

·
2,695 Posts
Actually, I figured it out.

If anyone else needs a new password, let me know.

Just for security sake, I will only send it to the email address listed in your profile.

-Zim

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great! Just got a very frustrated email concerning this from Dave Hurtle.

He's ready to give up on VMF because of the access problems.

Maybe you can help him, too? He can be contacted at:
[email protected]

·
2,695 Posts
According to the VMF - when I try to look up "Hurtle"

I see - "This user is no longer in the database".

He is going to have to set up a new login, and then I can send him a password
if he doesnt get one sent to him automatically.

-Zim

1 - 13 of 13 Posts