·
Registered
3,953 Posts
It even has coil over rear shocks on the car

Reactions: Redneckgearhead

·
Registered
196 Posts
I just watched a Shelby fastback sell for 3.8 million, so my K code fastback that needs resto must be worth $18K. Maybe? Don't think you could restore this one for $50K.

·
Registered
9,215 Posts
No way, maybe with $18K of someone else's money..... oh wait, it's a fastback. Someone will buy it.

·
Dimples
4,840 Posts
Regardless of price, it makes me happy that this kind of car still exists in this condition. There will come a time in the not so distant future where this kind of rare/valuable car won’t be found in rough but restorable shape.

Whether it makes financial sense or not, that’s someone’s dream project.

·
Registered
1966 Ford Mustang Coupe
18 Posts
that car might be worth it cause its a K-code, but its pretty rediculus what some people are asking for for a fastback these days. Just cause "theyre worth alot when their all fixed up." Ive always wanted a 65/66 fastback, its my dream car. hopefully someday ill find a good deal.

·
Registered
380 Posts
The only value is the K-code engine, trans and the VIN (title). Someone is going to buy that shell and most likely do a “rebody” and try and pawn it off later as a “restored” K-code for $60k....

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
I would love to see someone save this fb but @ 18k I’d be a seller too!
By the time all of the bum sheet metal was sorted out, not much of the original pieces would be left. Tough to see a k code fb in such shape but would likely need to be a labor of love, damn the money to get it new again.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
OK, so 18k is high, but,...from the photos it looks worse than it is. The rust is there in the usual spots, sand blast the car, replace the cowl and rght frt apron, section in the frt floor panels...maybe just lower 1/4 patches and wheelhouse repair? Whats that completely rebuildable k code body with the 9 inch rear in it and clear title worth...5 6 7 k? add a complete hipo and trans 6 7 8 k? It didn't say 18k firm. If I wanted another full-tilt project that I would be doing as much of my own work as possible I would go look at it..I'm doing the exact same rebuild to my wife's 65 ht c code, just that the purchase price was back in 1990 so its a moot point other than the 25 k I will have spent to restore a 20 k coupe :) .

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I tend to think the price is about right. If it was closer to me, I would at least go take a look. It seems to include a lot of hard to find parts that will nickel and dime you to death. And plenty of people have rebuilt worse cars than this that weren’t even k code cars.

Reactions: image98

·
Registered
767 Posts
Hey it comes with new valances, bolt them on and be good to go. Seriously though, looks like a good pile of parts you could ebay off. recoup some of the outlay and start replacing metal in your spare time. If you have all the hi po stuff there it costs the same to rebuild the car as it would a 67 6 banger

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Well the motor & trans are worth $ 5,000 - $ 10,000 depending on condition...... so if all they & all the other parts come with the car the car's actual cost is negligible.

·
Premium Member
68 Mustang Coupe
3,286 Posts
If youre looking at these cars as more than a labor of love then I think youre going to be seriously disappointed. If i was in the market for one I'd take a look at it, I don't think he's to far off to be honest.

Reactions: caveeagle

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
If all the parts were assembled, someone would pay $25k for it then need to disassemble to start the restoration process. In a sense one has a better idea what they are buying with the car being gutted. How many here have pulled back the carpet to find floor boards in worse shape than what is shown there? I bet for $15k cash somebody loads that up and takes it away.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I agree - at face value, it’s not a horrible price, especially considering what people pay for any fastback these days. If I had the space, time, and metal working skills, I’d probably be a buyer at somewhere close to his price.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
That has an 8 in rear in it. Didn't K codes have a 9"?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts