Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, This isn't Mustang/Ford related question, but I trust you guys/gals can help me out on this ;-D I have a intake manifold with three (3) Rochester carbs. I finally took it by a garage to see "if" they could i.d. it for me. He said it came off of a 348 Chevy, probably around 58-61. Does this sound correct? Anyone?

I thought about listing it on eBay, or tryin' my luck selling it at a show in Knoxville, but i'd have to drive my fastback to a GM event, LOL! Any VMF'ers need it? LMK, OK?

Sorry for the OT post!

Dan
65 FASTBACK

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
There was a tri-power set-up for the 348 in those years, so it could be correct.

Jim Vogel
Tallmadge, Ohio

http://beta.freepichosting.com/Sites/12217.jpg

·
Registered
529 Posts
Yep, sounds right. 348 was a passenger version of a truck engine, I believe. When I was 17 working at a grocery store, one of the guys working there had a gold and white 58 Impala with a 348 and three dueces. That thing could drink the gas!

Vintage Burgundy 1966 Mustang GT Fastback (Midlife's younger brother)
MCA member #46447

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Yep. The good news is that it probably will fit a 409 as well. Should be able to get a couple of hundred for it.

Glenn Morgan: 66 GT V-Burgundy Fastback 351w+toploader+9 in. TracLoc. Started out as a rusted-out Chicago-area crusher. After sacrificing a solid 66 coupe for its sheetmetal sub-assemblies, I have one solid (and expensive) work in progress!

·
Registered
926 Posts
Are you in TN? I'm in Chattanooga.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1575122&a=11974009&p=46315597&Sequence=2&res=high.jpg
66 C-code convertible
66 C-code coupe
65 GTO hardtop
76 Nova hatchback

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Torquewrench, I'm REAL close to TN. I live in Middlesboro, KY, about 45 miles north of Knoxville.

Dan
65 FASTBACK

·
Registered
926 Posts
You must be close to Tennesseecub then, he's in Bristol. There aren't too many of us in this area.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1575122&a=11977248&p=43129086&Sequence=6&res=high.jpg
66 C-code convertible
66 C-code coupe
65 GTO hardtop
76 Nova hatchback

·
Registered
20,877 Posts
Years ago I knew someone who had a 59 convertable Impala, it had a tri-power 348 and 4 spd with 16,000 miles on it. Other than needing a paint job it was in great shape. Unfortunately, one of the floats hung up and the car burned. This happened in '73 and the car went to the crusher!

Wouldn't that be a car to own, Ford fanatic or not!

Tom
You can do anything you want to......ONCE!
aka "my 66 coupe"

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Torquewrench, I'm about 1 1/2 hours from Bristol. Yeah No Mustangs anywhere around here, all Chevy, or Mopar :(

Dan
65 FASTBACK

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thespazardman, Thanks for sharing that site with me! LOTS of GREAT cars there......

Dan
65 FASTBACK

1 - 11 of 11 Posts