Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I participated in my clubs show this past Sunday..lots of really great Stangs showed up..I had 3 offers to purchase my Mach One..one of the offers was way up there..I told him I would get back to him after the show season was over..now I realize it will end in October and I have to make a decision..I was not looking to sell it..but damn..the price he offered was great...and I would still have my '70 Vert and the '59 Bird..to tinker with...but damn..I own the Mach 29 years..Hmmmmmm

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
take it from me..the money will look good at the moment, but he car will look good always...you will kick yourself for selling it later...keep it..money cant buy the fun your having with it... joe

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Sounds like you bought this car new. I think you will kick yourself later if you sell it. I bought a 69 Mach 1 last year and the guy I got it from wants it back now. Problem is I will not sell it. Think hard before you sell.

69 Mach 1 427 Windsor

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought it from the original owner..when it was about 8 months old..had a little over 9 thousand miles on it when I got it..I do have a very soft spot for this car..plus it was all I got custody of in my divorce..*LOL*

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
I know what you mean. I'm seriously considering selling my John Deere A tractor I've owned now for almost 15 years. I dont use it anymore and have only driven it once in the last year. Lotsa memories though, and the thing is fun to drive with those big pop-pop two cylinders. Its not really practical as a farm tractor so its not worth much to a farmer or a hobby farmer. But they are collector items now, mines restored, and in the right hands could fetch a couple of grand. That would go far towards the restoration of my stang, so I probably will sell it. Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
I gave my Buick to my brother about 3 months ago and I have missed that car. It was falling apart and in serious need of repair, but it was my first car. Kinda the same feeling of having a car for 29 years! Can you figure out why I want a Grand National now /forums/images/icons/smile.gif You'll regret it eventually, but if it's enough money to buy something that will make your forget then go right ahead! Buy a 71 Boss 351 and pretend!

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
If it was Enron or Worldcom stock I would say sell. If the offer on the Mach is truly outrageous then again I probably would sell (just so i could do another one all over again), If the offer is not much more than what itwould normally bring then I would hold on to it..

·
Administrator
19,498 Posts
Keep it! Otherwise, you may regret it later and money will not make up for that. You've had that beauty too long to get rid of it now. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I hate to get offers like that, they're tempting. Keep in mind that the Mach has been a good (?) friend for a long time, and like a good friendship it will only be valued more as time goes by. When YOU are ready to sell, Im sure that you will get your price.

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
The only way I would sell, is if I was going to replace it with a Shelby or a Boss car, or something that was a little more rare than the Mach, otherwise I would hang on to it.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Teebone,

Your car is one of the most beautiful of its kind.... Please don't sell... Don't throw away 29 years of ownership....

Just keep enjoying it. If you don't, you'll be sorry for the next 29 years....

Unless you need the cash for another project I'd hang on to it....

·
Beach Bum
5,694 Posts
KEEP IT & DO NOT sell it. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

G

·
0 Posts
I agree with you Ray. IF THE PRICE IS OUTRAGEOUS, SELL IT. Great offers don't come along as often as we would like to think. Teebone, I think that you are like everybody else, in the fact that you have that one car that you have always wanted but didn't have the money. Take this guy for all you can, then find the ultimate car.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts