Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Not the Best Storage Place How-To's

2K views 20 replies 19 participants last post by  67CustomStang 
#1 ·
Long story, but I will have to park my car at my In-Law's (Outlaws?) place. They have a 2 car garage with plenty of room, and they don't take their Escape out everyday. The problem is that they are not very careful. Garage is clean, dry, and otherwise fine. What precautions would you take, besides the cover?

#3 ·
I would put some heavy blankets under the car cover on the side of the car that will see the traffic. You could also use large pieces of cardboard tucked under the car cover to help prevent door dings.

#17 ·
You specifically asked them not to put crap on top of your cars, yet they still do. They walk around the garage not watching and carelessly bang into and damage things. You know they're going to do these things again, yet you're trying to figure out how to protect the car while there. No offense, but who's the ignorant one/s here? Not a chance in he77 I'd even think about storing my car in a place like that. I can only assume/hope/pray it's your absolute only option that must be made today??...

#18 ·
I had a friend store a new 65 Mustang convertible in a limestone mine where he worked. (Limestone mines and underground storage are very common in Kansas City.) About 15 years later he went down there to get it and return it to use. There was almost nothing left he could salvage. Just a pile of rust. The body was gone! The humidity just ate it up. The rental storage today is usually air conditioned.

#19 ·
As much as the Bubblewrap picture was funny, it's not a bad idea. I sell packaging and if you get the 48" NO Perf NO Slit you can make a pretty nice cover in the same shape as your car cover. Do NOT put it under - put it over. Duct tape will be used at the seems.

The product I'm suggesting is used to wrap starters and other car components. It's not the crap bubble your kids play with.

This is the description you want >>>> It's the HIGH quality version (there is a thinner one). You'll need to buy it from Packaging company in your area.

Sealed Air - 100002532 DL(PDL100)48X250'1/2 BUBB. NO SL NO PRF@1

#21 ·
Saw these at Barrett Jackson a few years ago, don't know if this would give you enough protection.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.