Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its big. I haven't measured it but its big. Somebody before me that put that thing on the car cut notches on each frame rail for it to clear. Is this a case of some alien sway bar and somebody making it fit? It does fit once you notch the frame rails.

·
Registered
34,493 Posts
Mustang front frame rails are notched at the factory for clearance. We need a photo to determine if yours is excessive, or the bar unusual.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Someone likely used end links that were too long. Lowering a car puts the sway bar closer to the frame. I have shorter end links from energy suspension on my 69. It could be that you have a 67-70 bar that they made fit also....

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Should have searched first on this one I see based on the posts.

I think I'm going to shorten my end links some. My car is lowered which amplifies this situation apparently. I had not thought of that and I never discovered it because when I lowered my car I was drag racing it and so there was no front sway bar on the car. I've had my old bar stored in my shop for years.

The bar is also close to my adjustable strut rods but based on the angle of rotation of the bar and the strut rods I don't think they are going to touch.

Looking at the photos in several of the search posts my raggedy looking notches are apparently also factory.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts