Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this beautiful car on ebay and was just looking throught the pictures when I stumbled accross this picture. Notice anything wrong?
http://www.classiccarstudio.com/images/auction/1165/60.jpg

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
The only things I see is the shock body is pretty close to the spring cap up top, and possibly that the lowershock is mounted in a single shear fashion.
What is it that you see?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Just found the picture on the auction... it is much clearer showing the upper front link's bolt hanging out.
Link to auction....

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
The coilover seems mounted awful low....

Where's the caliper?

The angle of the panhard bar seems almost paralell with the rearend...

??

Dave

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
The caliper is barely visible... sort of hidden behind the panard bar mount.
My coil overs are almost as low and haven't been a problem so I don't think it would be a problem there.
On the panard bar, aren't they supposed to be mounted horizontal at ride hieght?

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
Deviousfred said:
stangg said:
Just found the picture on the auction... it is much clearer showing the upper front link's bolt hanging out.
Link to auction....
ding ding ding!!!! Good eye.
So. No where in the auction does it say you can drive the car as is. After all who would pay that kind of money for a car with the shock towers removed and a cover bolted over the hole and expect to drive it anywhere ;)

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
My 4Link rod bolts have self-locking nuts and it appears that his are also. I wonder what happened to the missing one?

I thought my coilovers were low until I saw these.

Dave

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
*gulp*

The previous owner designed/built it. It was not his first "home-made" 4Link. That, I'm grateful for. He was a metal fabricator that built custom chassis and suspensions for local drag cars.

How well will it perform and how will I like it?

Only time will tell. The engine/trans isn't installed yet so I can't get a "feel" for it. It appears that it is a sound design concept, but every Mustang I've built has had a traditional leaf spring suspension so I'm a little nervous about it. Worse case scenario, I trailer the car to Rod&Custom Motorsports down in Florence, SC and have them custom build a better "street" suspension for it.

Dave

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I don't have any experience with either of them but I did build my own 4 link. That rod and custom one looks like a cobbled up piece of....... I like the heidt's because it looks pretty clean and solid, But If I had to buy one I'd get the TCP G Bar. It looks simple, solid and provides plenty of room for rear exit exhaust.

TCP G-BAR

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Good eye. Did you notify the seller about this problem?

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Am I the only one that gets the invalid certificate error from Deviousfred every time I load a page he has replied to?

My guess is it is your sig pic or avatar?

mspace.utep.edu gives an invalid cert.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts