Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Northern VA and have been looking for a good club or people in the area who are into vintage mustangs. I don't have any particular skills in restoration (yet) but would be happy to help anyone who needs an extra hand.

I just want to turn a wrench and ask some questions, learning what I can for when I do have my own. I'm a quick learner and can bring a few beers.

Let me know if you need some help. We can work out some time that is convenient (probably only weekends unless you are close to me in Fairfax).

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
I might be the furthest south in the 'mid-atlantic' that is online regularly....but I am in North Eastern MD almost in PA/DE.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm out in Arlington. There is the Northern VA Mustang club, they meet at Dulles Expo center parking lot. I'm new to there club and going to their Drag Day Sept 14.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I am in Springfield, VA.

Mostly lurk on here, but am actively restoring a 69 mach 1.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm in Nokesville (Near Gainesville/Manassas). I just got my first classic Mustang, but I've been turning wrenches since I was 14. There is almost nothing I haven't done on my T-Bird. I have a lot of work to do on the 'stang and can always use a helping hand!

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
I am in Harpers Ferry.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Lol.. I thought that you really meant Chevy Nova....lol..

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm in Charles town,wv

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey Jimmy, I'm in FFX as well.
I live in Northern VA and have been looking for a good club or people in the area who are into vintage mustangs. I don't have any particular skills in restoration (yet) but would be happy to help anyone who needs an extra hand.

I just want to turn a wrench and ask some questions, learning what I can for when I do have my own. I'm a quick learner and can bring a few beers.

Let me know if you need some help. We can work out some time that is convenient (probably only weekends unless you are close to me in Fairfax).

·
Registered
99 Posts

I'm located in Occoquan. Not sure how I missed this thread for almost six years. Are those beers still cold?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Fairfax station here. Everything I know about mechanical or electrical stuff I have learned in my last year restoring my 66 Coupe. Let's say I'm a motivated amateur that often bites off more than he can chew!

1966 289 Auto Coupe

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm not sure if you're tracking but next week (23rd) is a big car show at Occoquan Regional Park in Lorton. It's usually a good time with lots of cars. I plan to be there and am also planning to have the wife plan something else. This will prepare me to redirect her plan to my original plan so that I can be there as planned :)

Info on car shows and cruise ins in the area:

CAPITAL CRUISIN'-- Events & Shows

Steven

·
Registered
6 Posts
Burke checking in. Just picked up a 69 428 mach 1. Car was restored over a decade ago, mostly in good shape but does need some work here and there. Eager to take in small jobs and learn from those with experience. Got some issues I'm trying to figure out right now, if anyone's up for some wrench turning and showing me a few things I'll provide the pizza and beer, let me know.

Rick

·
Registered
64 Posts
Alexandria here. Should have my car back from the shop (major resto modding going on) in the next couple months. Unfortunately it had rust damage.. holes for days, but I'll be happy to have it back as a driver.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts