Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,349 Posts
Creative.... check
Tons of hard work..... check
Fugly....... Check!

Sure he's got a lot of time and effort in it, and while I appreciate the concept- I just don't care for it. Nose too long, roof looks squatty, mirrors and hood are hideous. Not sure what the lower windshield cowl is- steel or sticker across the bottom? Not for me......

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you look down the side of a Fox-body, the front fenders have that same pronounced drop. There's elements of it that I like and others that I don't.

·
Dimples
5,771 Posts
Definitely different.

It would have been a lot more impressive 15 years ago, but an SN95 donor is a strange choice at this point. Some hard work for sure, but I don’t really like most of the design decisions made. The worst design decision is the use of the played out Bleeding Cowboys font on his shirt.

I do like the wheels a lot though. :D

·
Registered
11,153 Posts
not really feeling the Dodge Challengeresk Hood/mirror thing and the front fender droop looks odd

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Side mirror? Ewwww

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
I appreciate the work that went into it...and it looks ok for the most part...but if you must have a wider stance on a vintage mustang, I far prefer flares...even extreme ones. Also, seems like widening the roof might have been the better way to go...but I dont know anything about widebody cars

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
He lost me at SN95. The underhood shot is about as impressive as my '06 Explorer with 150k miles.

WAY too much work for what it is.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
If you pay close attention you'll notice the body prep under the paint is terrible.

·
Registered
511 Posts
While I appreciate the hard work to pull off something like this, the proportions just look off after looking at the perfectly proportioned Mustang for 50 plus years now. Its hard to improve on one of the most appealing mass produced cars in history.

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Eewww

Wheelbases dont match, I'd say the fellow ruined 2 cars to make one ugly car. Not my cup of tea. I hope whoever commissioned it is happy. LSG

1 - 12 of 12 Posts