Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
subtract the extra amount of time I've spent working around these SOB's and I would have had the car running by now. I just spent two hours wriggling the starter out. ::

Now I have to find a way to keep the P/S hoses off of them. I got some plumbers strap, but I really don't want to drill holes in the shock tower :(. [\rant]

·
Registered
471 Posts
rant rant rant thats the price we pay for POWER! and more POWER!! ::

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah. Gotta love the sound too ::

·
Registered
471 Posts
only if you have the right mufflers and tail pipes. ::

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
stay with factory manifolds and you avoid all the headaches... The power increase compared to a properly set up exhaust is minimal. The sound is nicer as you can actually hear yourself think and you can hear what your passenger has to say. Just my .02 worth

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you really want more power and better sound, just get one of the shelby side exhaust kits with your headers. It's a pair of glass-pack mufflers with elongated side exhausts. Hell, if your pony is powerful enough, you'll shoot flames.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Try a mini starter :D
Better hot starting, tons of clearence around headers and they weigh less too!
I can pull a starter out in less than 5 minutes around my Hooker Super Comps.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Aren't they like twice the price though? ::

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Sure they cost more, but isn't time money too?
Spend 5 minutes to install a mini-starter or spend 2 hours with the old clunky unit ::

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Gains with headers arent minimal on some. On an FE it is probably THE MOST important piece to getting an FE to run. On a SBF maybe not so severe, but I certainly wouldnt call it minimal. Even my last truck, a 2000 Ram 5.9 was noticeable part throttle.

However, I do agree, you need to have a good exhaust or the headers do nothing

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Oh yeah, Rebel, if you want to swing up sometime and see a set of Hookers in an FE powered 70, it might make you feel better :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts