Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
19,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I needed to wash my Technolon car cover for the first time since getting it in 1997 and the nearby laundromat's hours didn't work with my schedule. So, I decided to try and wash it at home. I was able to fit it in both the washing machine and the dryer, but because the cover is so thick and big the soap just wouldn't come out good enough. I put it through the cycle again, but with just water. It was a little better, but still when I put it on my coupe it left a heavy soap dust all over.

So, this evening, I first used a small upholstery vacuum to clean the top while it was on the car. I then laid a plastic sheet on the driveway and turned it over and vacuumed the underside. Darn, if it didn't work but I sure bet the neighbors were wondering about me more than usual. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Nah. Sleep soundly and don't worry about them. I talked with them and they said their thoughts were confirmed long ago. This parachute vacuuming episode, they say, is the norm of activity around your place.

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
You are a loon. Definitely too much of that Southwest sunshine!!!

·
Registered
916 Posts
lol I did something similar-washing the cover while its on the car...took one neighbor about 5 minutes until they asked what i was doing /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
1965 2+2 Vintage Burgundy A-code C4
4,846 Posts
Forget the neighbors, WE think you're crazy!/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Well maybe not crazy, just a little wierd!

·
Premium Member
5,626 Posts
Sounds like normal behavior for a mustang nut. I wouldn't know anything about that. LOL

·
Registered
Current cars include 1969 Mach 1 and 1970 Cougar XR7 convertible
8,722 Posts
Laurie:

One of my favorite T-shirts has the following message:

I Live in my own little world...
But it's OK, they know me here!

Sometimes you just have to face it, we're different!!!!

·
Banned
4,774 Posts
I'm sure that by now the neighbors realize anyone who goes out in 100+ degrees weather looking for 1000 year old houses IS a little wacked .

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
What a Goof !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts