Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, a $16,500 carbon fiber wing that looks like it came out of an APC catalog...

Is it OK because it's on a gorgeous Ferrari?

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/antian26/wing.jpg

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
Wouldn't that be Rice-a-roni?

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
It's ok, not only because it's on a Ferrari, but because it's on a rear wheel drive car. I've just never figured out why you put a spoiler on a front wheel drive car. It defeats the whole purpose. That spoiler on the Ferrari is probably not only very functional, but very needed. ::

·
Registered
890 Posts
APC!!!! I love how it is the "American Products Company"!!!

Every APC product says "Made in China"!!! ::

·
Registered
233 Posts
The reason for having a rear spoiler of a front wheel driven car is to get a higher pressure on the rear wheels for a more secure curve action at high speeds. It will also get the air of the car in a positive way for fuel savings.

JL

·
Premium Member
6,415 Posts
WOW, I love that Countach in the back ground. When the Countach S was launched in 1983 (I think) that rear wing was a $5,000.00 option. The car was actually 5 mph faster on the top end without it. But in a comparison test between two S's one with the wing one without. The wing car was more than a five seconds faster per lap @ Road America.

I have always loved that car.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Definately a Fiero kit. No big loss. I still have a hard time understanding how stupid-looking junk like that (and those wheels with the spinning centers for that matter) becomes popular. What ever happened to plain old good taste? I guess variety makes the world go 'round.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Hehe! I saw a maroon dodge neon 4 door with a black 69 Mach 1 style wing on it!!! Looked totally ridiculous. :p

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Check out auction # 2426321201 on eHay... It's no Fiero kit car, it's a REAL Targa F1 F355.

Guess you're human after all, Jay.

·
Registered
858 Posts
targa?? wasnt that for Porsche? and for Porsches...u can use bugs for the kits ;) even if it IS a fiero kit car....its still good lookin' and id still like to get 1 lol :)

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...... ::

1 - 14 of 14 Posts