Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished up the 65 and golly gee whiz am I a proud owner.The paint is fresh and white, the interior is all new, red, and spotless. The I6 is sporting all new paint, seals, gaskets, rebuilt head w/ hardened seats. The 3 spd is totally rebuilt and leak free. The brakes are new, all the way from the lines to the backing plates including the master cylinder. I just finished adding 2 new front speakers and an amp to the already sufficient stereo. My receipt folder is bulging at the seams with misc. purchases. I have walked all around the ol' girl with my NPD wishbook and I'll be danged if I can find a single item to buy. Maybe I need to look again. Anyhow, I hate to boast but I have been working on this already solid Arizona car since 06/07/1993 and I can't get this tingly feelin' outta my system. I have lost a lot of blood, my temper, and the odd dollar or two on this old car but I am so glad that I have been the one who has done most of the work and not just bought it this way. I would also like to thank my SWMBO for all the little Mustang gifts for the car over the years. And a GREAT BIG THANK YOU to all the great guys and gals on this forum for all the advice over the years. Anyhow for anyone just getting started on a project, don't despair, slowly but surely it will happen.Hmmmm.... I think it's time to go look at the T-Bird!!!! HEHEHE!!!!!

·
Registered
699 Posts
Sounds great! Congratulations on finishing (???) your project! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
Im sure you will come accross more stuff that you can buy, to improve the Stang even more.
If not, well, just go and get another project car...! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

G

·
0 Posts
Wow, I didn't think that these cars were ever supposed to be finished! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

I can't imagine finishing mine. Losing interest, maybe, but finished? Never.

Anyway, congratulations on your accomplishment!

·
Registered
680 Posts
Finished???? Sounds like it is time for a t-5 5 speed. The Mustang will drive like a different car.....See, always something else to help with the fat wallet syndrome.....

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh yeah, I have always driven it between projects.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I like you did all but the paint work. I know the feeling of accomplishment and doing it yourself. When I see otheres at a show, and ask how long it took to restore their car, and they say it was that way when they bought it, I don't see how they can be that proud to show it. But that's OK, I understand some people don't have the knowledge, time, or patience to do a ground up. Good luck with your ride.

Tom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts