1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
You never know....I would bid on any one of those. Hopefully, the Bullet buyer isn't going to be there!

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,639 Posts
If they had one I really wanted, I wouldn't have a problem bidding on it. Later selling it to someone else might get interesting.

I once had a car accident when I was young and a buddy took me to the hospital. Just me and a tree on public property. We figured to go back and deal with the car later. But someone called the cops after we left and had it towed. A policeman tracked me down at the emergency room and started waving around the CB radio that he had rudely yanked from my car for some reason. Claimed it was stolen and wanted to know where I got it. I calmly told him that I bought it at the auction behind his police department and look, it even still had the auction sticker on it. High point in an otherwise pretty terrible day was watching his face turn an actual purple color before he slammed the radio down and stalked out without another word.

Reactions: rpm

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
There's a much bigger story than these 6 cars. Nothing says that these cars ever had falsified VINs. Kermit Milburn was accused by a search warrant of possessing just one car with a cloned VIN. My guess is that the County seized all his property they could for unpaid taxes. If a car doesn't have a complete CarFax history like the 2006 probably does, they might assign a new VIN and sell to the highest bidder.

The alleged "counterfeiter" who did the "dirty work" was Leonard Compton of Oklahoma. He allegedly "replaced" VINs on multiple occasions.
www.reddirtreport.com/attorney-commits-suicide-amidst-lawsuits-criminal-investigation

1 - 5 of 5 Posts