Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NPD lists two different mfr's of this harness the cheaper version 14405-5A from "Mustang America" states ... WIRING HARNESS, Taillight, repro, good repro, reuse Taillight sockets from old harness.
WIRING HARNESS, TAILLIGHT - #14405-5A - National Parts Depot

The two harnesses from Alloy Metal Products 14405-5CA & 5CB don't say this but from the pictures I don't see the sockets and looks like you can see the wires with bare bulb terminals in the upper right of the CA picture. I have the Convenience Group, so of course I need the more $$ one.
14405-5CA WIRING HARNESS, TAILLIGHT - #14405-5CA - National Parts Depot
14405-5CB WIRING HARNESS, TAILLIGHT - #14405-5CB - National Parts Depot

For starters, I just want to confirm whether the sockets are included in 14405-CB Alloy Metal harness or not.

If NOT, any tips or tricks in swapping over ??

My originals sockets are in good shape; but have paint all over them from a paint job before I owned the car so they would need to be cleaned up before re-use. They also have rubber boots which are crimped into the sockets (also in good shape), so I'm wondering how easy it is to swap onto the new harness without it looking butchered. Really don't want to "splice" in 53 year old wire pigtails onto a new harness.

Sneaking the new wires into the old rubber boots / sockets would be ideal, but I would think the bulb contacts would need to be crimped on AFTER feeding them through the old sockets.

Thanks,

Doug

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rick from NPD aka 69bossnine is on here all the time, I'm hoping he will chime in when he gets a chance. I'll call, if I don't get and answer.

Doug

·
Vendor
4,824 Posts
Sorry, this thread somehow got past my radar system... LOL..

The photos on our website must be old, because both Alloy Metal Products harnesses (14405-5CA and 14405-5CB) come complete with the sockets and the correct boots. Order with confidence, and we'll get updated photos done.

We carry certain sku's of Mustang America (old Mr. Mustang) harnesses as a budget alternative, but IMHO and probably 99.9% of the VMF membership's opinion, the Alloy Metal Products harnesses are worth every penny... And then some...

Rick
NPD

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
THANKS RICK !!

I'll be ordering a harness.

Doug

1 - 6 of 6 Posts