Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NPD has started carrying Federal Mogel/TRW timing stuff for the early 260 and 289, before change "L7". I bought a set and they were pricey but I knew my chain was ready to go on my 64.5 vert. The sprockets matched the old perfect so I thought I was in for an easy job. NOT! The timing chain was short and I couldn't get the cam sprocket on. I counted 29 links on the old chain and 28 on the new! A call to NPD led to the discovery that the same part they pulled had the correct 29 links. Go figure!

Why is it that Johnpro and I are the only guys that have this wierd crap all the time!

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Your not the only ones that have problems like this. I just bought a hose and expansion valve for the A/C on my 69 from Classic Auto Air.Parts show up and I get ready to put them on. Expansion valve looks fine so I take the caps off the hose and there are no threads on the one end. I call Classic Auto Air and they say they will send out another one right away. New hose shows up on Friday and I take a look and think this is not right. Call them back again and here they sent me a hose for a 68. Now I have to wait another week to get one more. They better get it right this time or I will really get POed.I mean I am looking at a month since I ordered these parts and I want my air working.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts