Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NPD advertises their fiber glass hoods and noses (67) as the "best fitting Shelby glass." Anyone know about it???

·
Registered
495 Posts
I think Branda says the same thing. Vacuum formed nose sections and hoods is the term they use in their advertisement. About $600 each same as everyone else I think.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
I have a NPD FG 65-66 Shelby style hood. I bought the best (most expensive) one they were offering. Surprisingly, it was flawless. I'm not used to FG pieces in such condition. Usually they require some massaging to get them close to perfect. This one needed nothing. I scratched it, primed it and painted it. Even after the clear coat, it still hasn't revealed any flaws. Maybe I just got lucky, but I've bought FG pieces from many suppliers and have NEVER had this good fortune.

Almost forgot, the fit is perfect.

Dave

·
Registered
408 Posts
The stuff marked as the best fitting glass available is just that. It comes from a specific vendor. Branda and I are buying it from the same source. I don't know about anyone else. There are several manufacturers of fiberglass out there. Just my biased 2 cents!! ;)
Scott

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. I'm about 2-3hrs away from the Charlotte depot. I'll drive over there and pick it up to save on shipping and damages.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts