Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok im gettin a headache tryin to figure out all these different springs.
I am building a 68 coupe that will be powered by a 2.3 turbo from a 88 turbocoupe. I have already done the arning drop. need to find some good springs.
im guessin the turbo four with all acessories and tubing and intercooler will weigh a bout as much as a small block with alum heads.

i want the car to sit low, so what do u guys think?
i think the mustang plus 620 will be too stiff.

·
Registered
9,022 Posts
Enough said. There is ONLY one word in springs, whether it be front springs or leaf springs. That name is Eaton Detroit Springs. There is none better. They were the original supplier to the big three for over 70 years. If you want springs done right, Goto them. If you give them the weight of the car, and the weight of the engine, and what you have in mind, They can fabricate anything at low cost. They are simply the best. Period. I would'nt ever go anywhere else...ever! NPD usually gets their springs from them, but not everything, so especially if you need custom springs, go right to the manufacturer.

Spring Products - Eaton Detroit Spring

Eaton Custom Springs ordered here:

Eaton Detroit Springs

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
IMO it is always a crap shoot. Get a 480-500 lb. coil spring for something like a small block GT. It will almost certainly be too tall. Cut it to the desired height and the spring rate won't be too high.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts