Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use the HD control arm shaft kits from National Parts Depot? I wonder if they're Moog units?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I plan on placing the order next Monday and will post pictures and then follow up after I get it installed. I think it's going to be a real, nicely made part.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Not sure about the ones NPD sells as I've never used them before. The Moog shaft kits are made in the USA as well as a good deal of their other suspension parts. I've used their parts for years on several different vehicles and have never had an issue, and at $30 per side it's not going to break the bank.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My mustang is a 71, and you're right about the Moog parts, they're really good, this will be the 1st time I that I used something else. NPD states that the Rare Parts shafts are a better design HD design, I'm just curious about that. I'll get free UPS shipping thru NPD, so that'll offset some of the cost of the shafts. I went to the Rare Parts website and liked what I read. I'll post results in a couple of weeks.

·
Vendor
3,877 Posts
I can confirm that, yes, our improved-design shaft kits (3047-1A and 3047-2A) are U.S.-made, and come to us from Rare Parts Inc..

Rick
NPD

·
Registered
359 Posts
My mustang is a 71, and you're right about the Moog parts, they're really good, this will be the 1st time I that I used something else. NPD states that the Rare Parts shafts are a better design HD design, I'm just curious about that. I'll get free UPS shipping thru NPD, so that'll offset some of the cost of the shafts. I went to the Rare Parts website and liked what I read. I'll post results in a couple of weeks.
not sure what makes them different or better from the Moog brand. I’ve never had an issue with buying anything from NPD, I’m more just of the opinion that if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. Maybe Rick can tell us what the difference is between the two.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts