Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well most of you know I had issues with the right side fender and Rick sent me another one that he had one of his guy pick one out and with me now out of work right now with the outbreak I am getting a lot done with the project 65FB..I got the front
end all together fitting all the front end including the MTF upper front fiberglass panel.. The gaps between the door and fender will need no attention on either side..
Any of you that have used Scott Drakes front bumper kits, have you run into any issues with the side tubing not being at the right angle to the bumper?? I needed to cut it loose from the frame bracket and reposition it, yes PIA but all part of getting all of it to fit like it should..

Also the headlight doors fit almost perfect to the fenders and very happy not to have to mess with that!!
A couple pics to go with this...Thanks again Rick..

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes Brad that’s it, Fitts fairly well but there is alot of fitting grinding, I had to slice the inside of the of the fenders where the headlight goes and also cut the lower flange some to get the stone guard in..Over all a few hrs but I do think its worth it.. The piece is plenty thick enough to grind down areas..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts