Vintage Mustang Forums banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #43
For the guys that gave me a hard time on this because there repop parts and there not perfect.. Rick came threw with a straight fender for me and Rick tell the guy in Michigan Thank You and for you also doing this and going the extra mile. I do have to say that there is a stamping issue and hope you figure out what happened to this fender and if that stamp that made this fender is not used anymore as I could only assume its not going to get better.. old fender first Then new one

Heres a couple of pic鈥檚 for you..Thanks again

Vendor
Hot damn, that is good to see.. Thanks for updating Barry! I don't think it's due to the primary stamping tool, I think it's secondary work involved with working in the rear brace and clearing the cowl.

This episode most certainly will have us on "high alert" for other such reports or instances, and if you would, please email me the two photos you just posted (I'm having trouble copying them for some reason), so I can send them to Taiwan as a proactive heads-up for future production.

Thanks!

Rick
NPD

Registered
Makes me feel better about needing to buy the pass side fender for my project. I will make the 6 plus hour round trip drive to pick up my parts in person from NPD. Plus I can stop by Big Daddy Don Garlits museum with my son on our way up.

Registered
Makes me feel better about needing to buy the pass side fender for my project. I will make the 6 plus hour round trip drive to pick up my parts in person from NPD. Plus I can stop by Big Daddy Don Garlits museum with my son on our way up.

I picked mine up at Classic in OKC. 3.5 hours each way and had lunch with a friend that lives there. I picked up his SRT8 Magnum from Houston and drove it to him a few years ago. Now he wants to sell it and I kind of want it...

NPD is 16.5 hours to either the Florida Location or the NC location. 18 hours to the Michigan one and 22 hours to the CA one. Seems most companies like to say screw the guys in the middle of the country... Course I can't wait to get out of here so I can understand why there is nothing but tech companies here...

Registered
I picked mine up at Classic in OKC. 3.5 hours each way and had lunch with a friend that lives there. I picked up his SRT8 Magnum from Houston and drove it to him a few years ago. Now he wants to sell it and I kind of want it...

NPD is 16.5 hours to either the Florida Location or the NC location. 18 hours to the Michigan one and 22 hours to the CA one. Seems most companies like to say screw the guys in the middle of the country... Course I can't wait to get out of here so I can understand why there is nothing but tech companies here...
I don鈥檛 think the business location should be taken personally. Truck freight can be pretty reasonable if you鈥檙e getting multiple items. Certainly cheaper sometimes than driving it yourself. The other option is to see if you have a local shop and they may order parts in bulk and the shipping will be offset.

Registered
I don鈥檛 think the business location should be taken personally. Truck freight can be pretty reasonable if you鈥檙e getting multiple items. Certainly cheaper sometimes than driving it yourself. The other option is to see if you have a local shop and they may order parts in bulk and the shipping will be offset.
It's a desert here in more than one way... Truck shipping on a pair was like buying just over 3 fenders. Driving is quite a bit cheaper... Summit doesn't stock much body parts at the local store like their other locations and it takes them a few weeks to get them in stock.
Also headed up to Wichita to Menards soon for an insulation run. It's less than half the price locally and at $30+ a bundle less the trip is paid for really quick. Even our wholesale supplier here can't come close to Menards. If Menards and Meijer would build here they would kill the competition.

Super Moderator
Rick is certainly customer friendly!

Registered
Discussion Starter #52
I finally got some time to bolt the front end back on with the hood in place along with the replacement fender Rick sent me..Door gap and hood gap is real good with no real adjustment...Thanks again Rick!!

Registered
This is really great to see. Rick is the man! He鈥檚 personally resolved the few small but important parts issues I鈥檝e come across out of dozens of orders. +1 for NPD!

41 - 54 of 54 Posts