Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted on another thread about changing my PS hoses before I could road test my modified PS bracket. Well I went to NPD Ventura CA on friday, and found that they don't carry the concours correct power steering valve to ram hoses anymore. Apparently they only carry the replacement style now...I am disappointed by this as the replacement style hoses don't look like they bend correctly. Short of NOS hoses, where can I find the correct style hoses? Can I rebuild the old hoses?

·
Registered
935 Posts
The comtrol valve to power cylinder hoses are the same 1967 to 1970.

At some point, Ford superceded one of the hoses to a Granada part number, but the only difference is the engineering number engraved on the hose. The length and bends are the same.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
stanger53 said:
The comtrol valve to power cylinder hoses are the same 1967 to 1970.

At some point, Ford superceded one of the hoses to a Granada part number, but the only difference is the engineering number engraved on the hose. The length and bends are the same.
I had my hoses next to their hoses on the counter. They are not the same. The length is close but the bends are very different. Maybe they work better, I don't know. But I want to get the "right" hoses the first time, I really don't want to go back and forth trying to find something that works right.

If you know of a different source with the right part, please post a link. I would really appreciate it.

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
I thought the same thing, when I bought my first repro hoses. They didn't have the same bends, they just didn't look right at all. Then I installed them and realized they didn't have to have the same bends as the originals. If you're not building a concourse restoration, I wouldn't worry much about it.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
You are correct. originally the hoses would be different. the differences are in the bends. Everyone is selling the generic one fits all style. They will work just fine for you. they just don't fit as nice as the orginals.

NPD in Michigan told me that the manufacturer of the concours ones aren't making any. seems to be problem with their other councours correct hoses as well.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all for the responses. I will get the hoses locally and put them in, I found some NOS hoses, but for my purposes I want something reliable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts