Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to report a first for me in mail order. I ordered a set of 69 rocker moldings from NPD. They arrived today and although they are nice quality, I recieved (2) right sides instead of 1 of each side. I call them up and they said they would not only 3 day me the left side, but I can keep the second right. These are $49.00 a piece (one of the better prices I found)....and since this is a passanger drag heal and dent item...I now have a spare.

Refreshing, in the $$$ hungry corporate world we live in to see a company go a little above to satisfy.
:highfive: to NPD.

·
Registered
171 Posts
A+ for NPD I'll keep them in mind when I start to order parts. :) ;)

·
Registered
904 Posts
I agree completely. I am always amazed at their amount of customer service. That's exactly why i order from them!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I had almost the exact same experience with a set of engine mounts last year. The location of the bolts did not line up like my old ones. Without even a phone call somehow they got ahold of a post I did here on VMF and emailed me. Not only did I get a new correct set, they didn't want the old ones back.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
i agree they do pretty good. they did tell me that a autolite group 27 battery will fit in a 68 mustang. had to eat that battery.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I agree. The NPD customer service is outstanding. They sent me a part that got damage (propably from the shipping company). I sent them an email and 4 days later I got a replacement for free. They were extremely helpful. From then on my only parts source is NPD.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I've ordered most of my parts there. Only one compliant. The packing has been a issue. Everything just thrown into the box with a little packing. A rimblow switch was just thrown in with no protection. Found out after the fact they don't warranty that part at all because people tend to screw them up. Just thought it would be unfair to have to eat a switch because they didn't pack it in proper protection.

·
Registered
53 Posts
NPD does rock!! I placed an order at 1 PM on a Wen. and the parts were in my drive by 11am the next day. Never had service like that before. The parts were only coming from Charlotte to Asheville, but that is still fast.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I too am a fan of NPD. They are not always the low price leader, but their customer service is second to none. When my father was restoring his 1953 Ford F-100 he has owned for 40 years there were very paitent with him. He's the type of guy who wants to see every part out of the box before he leaves with it. A tall request on an $1800 purchase. He changed his mind 4 times on clear vs. tinted windshield glass, and they didn't blink an eye.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Another vote for NPD. I live pretty close to Mustang's Unlimited and can pretty much throw a rock and hit Year One, but I prefer to buy from NPD. I know this isn't on the same scale, but I ordered a repro hipo breather. It came with the 289 hipo sticker in a separate bag. There was a staple that went right through the sticker. I called them up and they sent another one out right away. Great service. Only KAR is more knowledgeable, but their prices are pretty high.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Yet another NPD Fan. I started buying a bunch of my parts there, then slowly migrated to other shops in order to get better prices. Had issues some some of the other shops, but never had an issue with NPD - guess it pays to have great Customer service and satisfaction. They're one of the fastest shippers as well.

Way to go NPD - Keep up the good work!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts