Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1967 GT500
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently ordered a hardware kit from NPD for the mounting of the lower inner door grille for my 1967 deluxe interior. The kit came in with the larger 3/8 nylon nuts rather than the "correct" 1/4 inch nylon nuts. I was asked via automated email to rate the products of my purchase. I wrote that despite the catalog description that said this was the correct kit for a 1967, that it indeed was not a fit. I got an email from Rick himself who got involved and went to AMK to figure it all out. Rick and AMK determined that evidently various nylon nut sizes were used by Ford depending on plant and date of production. Rick got me the correct parts and is working with AMK to determine a more accurate description for his catalog. Thanks for getting involved Rick.

·
Vendor
4,917 Posts
I recently ordered a hardware kit from NPD for the mounting of the lower inner door grille for my 1967 deluxe interior. The kit came in with the larger 3/8 nylon nuts rather than the "correct" 1/4 inch nylon nuts. I was asked via automated email to rate the products of my purchase. I wrote that despite the catalog description that said this was the correct kit for a 1967, that it indeed was not a fit. I got an email from Rick himself who got involved and went to AMK to figure it all out. Rick and AMK determined that evidently various nylon nut sizes were used by Ford depending on plant and date of production. Rick got me the correct parts and is working with AMK to determine a more accurate description for his catalog. Thanks for getting involved Rick.
Without feedback, and attention to that, we would not be serving the Mustang community. Your single email spurred an investigation. Because this is important to us, as fellow enthusiasts. I second guess myself for engaging on these forums because it might appear cheesy.. But no one else helps or advises..So, thanks for allowing me to opine..

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yep, totally agree, Rick/NPD is awesome. I recently had a pair of ’69 taillight gaskets that weren’t ideal (no way to know until they were unwrapped). An email to Rick in the evening and the next day he had a replacement set on the way that he personally inspected for me. Can’t beat that level of service.
John

·
Premium Member
10,174 Posts
Here! Here!
I, too, am a fan of NPD service before and after the sale.

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
My BIL's wife just inherited a survivor `68 HT her grandmother purchased new. It has original, excellent paint & interior & was always garaged. There are a few minor parts they wish to replace plus update to a modern radio. I highly recommended NPD to them, my only choice.

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Without feedback, and attention to that, we would not be serving the Mustang community. Your single email spurred an investigation. Because this is important to us, as fellow enthusiasts. I second guess myself for engaging on these forums because it might appear cheesy.. But no one else helps or advises..So, thanks for allowing me to opine..
Rick, engaging with us here is not remotely cheesy, it is the connection that has demonstrated the ethics and character of yourself, NPD and others that do the same. This is why I choose to spend my money with NPD, Street or Track and Opentracker Racing, and steer others in that direction. Thank you for doing what you guys do, and how you do it.

·
Vendor
4,917 Posts
I need to edit, when I said "no one else" helps or advises, I was not referring to forum members (who are outstandingly helpful), I was taking a jab at larger competitors who don't seem to work the issues when they arise...

Just re-reading my last post, that was thumbed out while having after-dinner cocktails with my MI Manager and National Branch Manager in Livonia lol... 😉

Rick
NPD

·
Registered
726 Posts
Yes. I recently also had a great experience with NPD. They are my go-to now.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
All of the big companies once cared. Vic Edelbrock saw a need, paid attention, made great parts that no one else did, and sold them. Some companies like NPD and StreetOrTrack really get that. People like us will always gladly spend money with you, because you aren't just an automated database that spits out "sometimes correct" parts. You do your best to get us the stuff we need and want.

Thanks for your efforts, Rick. And you can be 'cheesy' if you want. Most of us are. ;)

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
its very frustrating to get the wrong or incorrect part
all you have left to rely on is a company that will stand by you and
take care of it quickly
been using NPD since the late 70s. back then you got a genuine Ford part. Oh boy, i thought those days would never end.
if i only had known ida stocked up big time

·
Premium Member
10,174 Posts
If there was an NPD location around here, I know where I would want to go to work after my first retirement.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
NPD is my go to.

I count myself as one (of many) who have learned from other vendor's actions (inactions) and their level of perceived customer service.

John

·
Registered
1969 Mustang Sports Roof
38 Posts
Because of Rick's involvement in these forums, and that many of their part descriptions rate/properly describe the product they sell is the reason I buy from them. This is a total nitpick, but a website search function upgrade would be cool.

·
Registered
1966 T code coupe
832 Posts
NPD staff and Rick himself have helped me out immensely. You always hear the phrase World Class Customer Service but alot of companies just tote that out there to sound good whereas NPD actually stands behind that saying and delivers on it.
Whenever I need parts I don't shop around, think of other places etc. I go right to their website and order away. Because I know things will be right and taken care of.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts