Vintage Mustang Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Because of Rick's involvement in these forums, and that many of their part descriptions rate/properly describe the product they sell is the reason I buy from them. This is a total nitpick, but a website search function upgrade would be cool.
I believe as has been stated by Rick, @69bossnine, NPD is in the process of revamping website/search function. He knows it is something that needs improvement.

John

·
Vendor
4,918 Posts
Couldn't paint the reality of dealing with them over others right now any better. My only gripe, whats a guy got to do to get a free sticker in his order for the cooler or the tool box!? ;)
We have decals, but we admittedly don't toss a freebie in every box like Summit and Jegs... I can't say why, other than the prospect of tossing one in every order would be (our cost) $100K worth of stickers!!! Assuming half would get stuck somewhere cool in the shop, and the other half would wind up in the trash, that potential $50K of throw-away makes my eye start to twitch LOL.

We have them online for $.99 cents each, but if you want a free one, just phone-in your order and ask for one, and they should oblige no problem..

NPD # 921N-3 2" x 5.25" DECAL, NPD Logo, features *NPD* and *NATIONAL PARTS DEPOT* in white on a black surround, color, die-cut, 2 inch height x 5 1/4 width - #921N-3 - National Parts Depot

NPD # 921N-4 4.125" x 10.875" DECAL, NPD Logo, features *NPD* and *NATIONAL PARTS DEPOT* in white on a black surround, color, die-cut, 4 1/8 inch height x 10 7/8 width - #921N-4 - National Parts Depot

Rick
NPD

·
Vendor
4,918 Posts
Oh, and thanks to ALL for all the nice comments.. I just returned from our Canton MI Depot yesterday, presenting another 20-year Anniversary award to an employee there. We have over forty 20-year veterans now, and over the next year (along with some 20's) I've got a 30 year and a 40 year. All this dedication and hard work and loyalty with my crews in the four locations makes your posts and your kind comments exponentially more gratifying.

Rick
NPD

P.S. The guy who hits his 40-year next year is the man responsible for the 65-73 Mustang catalog you get from us, and for the item-by-item selection and sourcing you see online. That's his masterpiece, a journey reaching its 40th year in evolution. :)

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
I happily advertise NPD when I'm out and about.

John

Sleeve Grey Font Active shirt T-shirt

Reactions: 69bossnine

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang Cp. Ford Laser Red. 351W stroked to a 427, Borla 8 stack injection system, VERY Custom.
1,160 Posts
I have had my classic Mustang since 1989. I did not start ordering parts for it until the mid 90's. Now, admittedly, I used to use a place called Mustangs Unlimited. Never had a problem with parts or service, but they are out of business now.

During my current build that started in 2020 I became aware of CJPP and NPD and a couple other places such as Kentucky Mustang and another place out in California (I think it's called CPC??). However, Rick himself mentioned CPC because he was talking about the quality of the woodgrain steering wheel center cap for the 65 Mustang from that company.

I have had about a 90% success rate with CJPP and a 100% success rate with NPD. As mentioned, Rick not only checks in here and provides great information, but he helps make sure you get the best possible part.

I have to say that is an amazing help and a quality that is very rare these days. I have since started to use NPD exclusively because of Ricks involvement here. I have nothing against the other companies mentioned, but since Rick takes the time to frequent this website/forums that's a difference maker for me. Access to the company, the companies involvement with it's clientele and the willingness to help puts NPD over the top IMO.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts