Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,609 Posts
In case you weren't aware it's gift wrap from NPD all the time. No cheap messy newspaper ink to get on our hands for us, easier to keep clean as a whistle shipping departments for them. Merry Christmas! :)

·
Premium Member
9,648 Posts
Welcome to the club.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'm about to place an order with NPD. If I get Christmas wrappping paper, I'll reuse it for gifts. For the kids gifts, not the wife.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
That looks like Christmas wrapping paper that was rejected because of a misprint. Notice that the gingerbread cookie person is offset from the white outline. I bet NPD got a heckuva deal on that batch of paper.
Hey Debbie Downer, let us enjoy our NPD parts delivered in Christmas wrapping paper...

Allen

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
We get a screaming deal on "remnant rolls" of wrapping paper straight from the mill LOL... And when I say "remnant", some of these left-over rolls can weigh 500-700 lbs. I don't know if they're print rejects, or if they get compromised/gashed on the edges during loading or transport whether they become rejects, or what all is involved. I've not been involved with our paper acquisitions for decades. All I know is that it's cheap, effective, and CHEERY!

Many years ago, instead of wrapping paper, we were getting huge remnant rolls of paper printed and destined to become cigarette pack wrapping.. And it was all foreign-market stuff, mostly middle-east and Indian. It was actually kind of funny/interesting/strange all of the crazy brands and designs you'd never heard of, yet depressing and weird at the same time..

The opportunity to move towards gift paper was a good one. :)

Rick
NPD

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
i will be the first to admit. i have reused some of that Christmas paper in the past to wrap gifts. also works well for the kids to draw on the backs of it

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
Some of our paper is really really thick, that's the expensive "high-grade" stuff, not the thin cheap stuff. When I'm in a nice/upscale retail store and see how much a little roll of the good wrapping paper costs, juxtaposed against what I know that we pay per-ton for the remnants... It's absolutely crazy LOL..

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
We get a screaming deal on "remnant rolls" of wrapping paper straight from the mill LOL... And when I say "remnant", some of these left-over rolls can weigh 500-700 lbs. I don't know if they're print rejects, or if they get compromised/gashed on the edges during loading or transport whether they become rejects, or what all is involved. I've not been involved with our paper acquisitions for decades. All I know is that it's cheap, effective, and CHEERY!

Many years ago, instead of wrapping paper, we were getting huge remnant rolls of paper printed and destined to become cigarette pack wrapping.. And it was all foreign-market stuff, mostly middle-east and Indian. It was actually kind of funny/interesting/strange all of the crazy brands and designs you'd never heard of, yet depressing and weird at the same time..

Rick
NPD
You are a very conservative fellow--Like that!

·
Registered
69 Posts
i will be the first to admit. i have reused some of that Christmas paper in the past to wrap gifts. also works well for the kids to draw on the backs of it
As have I! It might was some wrinkles in it but it's a better way to recycle than just the recycle bin lol.

·
Registered
9,019 Posts
We use 24lb plain white bond for all of our packing. Get it from a local printer on a 3" core with 600~800 ft left on it.

·
Registered
278 Posts

Rick
NPD
:unsure: Rick, I want Hannukah Menorah wrapping paper on my parts orders!!! ;) But you know we're cheap so I'm not paying an extra surcharge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts