Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried searching but came up empty handed..

Any of you guys have National Part Depot's radiator? They make a 3 row with "bigger tubes and a higher fin count", made in USA with a lifetime warranty. 230 bucks and it supposedly will drop right in. Seems like a great deal to me..

I'd like to get some opinions though before I order one :) Gotta love VMF for taking a lot of the risk out of purchasing the right car parts. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I've got one on Kingsford right now.
Made quite a difference over my last standard 3-core radiator.
Does a great job in the AZ summers.

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
I had one on my fastback, and it did make a difference. While it retains a stock appearance, NPD's 3+ radiators (their words) "are specially designed to be 10-15% more efficient than other "desert" radiators, and in a more compact 3 row (larger tubes with higher fin count) with OEM style tanks." Page 58 of the 03 catalog. Dickson

·
Registered
201 Posts
I've got one in my '66. It was running hot before I installed it and I haven't had any trouble since. Bolts in, looks stock and runs cool. I've been happy with it.

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
One suggestion: If you spend the bucks to upgrade to a new radiator, take the time and $$ to change the hoses, add a Gano type filter, and a new radiator cap.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have it and recommend it. Granted I don't run AC or any other power accessories, but I do run cool in the Vegas 100+ heat ::

1 - 6 of 6 Posts