Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 262 Posts

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NPD announced on their fb page that registration is now open for the Jan show. i registered and as long as nothing comes up i'll be there. any of you guys plan on going?

·
Super Moderator
11,374 Posts

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Rick of NPD has stated that this will be the last Silver Springs show that NPD will host.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I received the flyer in today's mail.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I will be going, but my 70 won't be ready and I don't know if I want to take my 90, so I may just be a spectator.

·
4,814 Posts
Per the NPD Show WEB site, https://www.npdlink.com/store/pages/ss_ford.html

We here at National Parts Depot are sad to announce that the 24th-Annual Ford and Mustang Roundup at Silver Springs will be the LAST. No single aspect can be attributed alone to our decision. It is a mix of dynamics that brought us to this fork in the road. There are less activities for families within the park, and an apparent slow-shrinking of interest/activity for shows in-general. For this show in particular, every year the ratio of cars-preregistered to cars-that-show-up shrinks. These dynamics, juxtaposed against the time and resources that we have historically invested in administrating and putting-on the show, made this a tough but necessary move.

With this being the “Last Hurrah”, we hope to see a large turnout, and we intend to bake some “special” features into the cake to make it a worthy and fun send-off. If you’ve ever attended a Silver Springs show, the 2018 event should be a must.

Our Silver Springs shows have always been intended as a huge “Thank You” to our loyal customers, and to the hobby in-general. And we assure you, our gratitude and our emotion for this hobby has not swayed an inch. The shows have simply become too large of a burden, with diminishing returns. We cannot overstate our appreciation for our customers and for all the loyal participants of our Ford and Mustang shows. We would also like to express our appreciation to all who contributed to the genesis of the original Silver Springs event, and who helped volunteer in the early days.

THANK YOU to all!! NPD

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)

·
4,814 Posts
Just got my confirmation email. I usually stay at:

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ocala, FL
3720 SW College Rd, Ocala, FL 34474

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for registering for the Silver Springs Ford & Mustang Roundup January 13th 2018!

If you need a hotel, we have a list of them here: <Link: http://www.npdlink.com/store/pages/Hotels.html> NPD | Hotel Information

If you can make time on Friday January 12th, join us for our Friday cruise to Cedar Key (details here: <Link: http://www.npdlink.com/store/pages/FM_cruise.html> NPD | Ford and Mustang Friday Cruise), as well as the opportunity to view NPD’s 200+ car and truck private collection from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.

See you in January!

Derek
------------------------------------------------
Derek Putnam
Car Show Coordinator
800-976-1117 (toll free)
352-861-8701 ext 4227
352-861-8710 (fax)

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
NPD silver springs, who's going ?

i'll be there with my car, me and a buddy are driving there ( him in his 72 torino sport).

who else is going for sure? I was thinking we could all meet up for a few minutes and put some names with faces.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I'm registered, but it's dependent on whether I get the transmission rebuilt in time. If not, I'll probably still go, just as a spectator.

Reactions: fordguy
1 - 20 of 262 Posts