Vintage Mustang Forums banner

61 - 80 of 262 Posts

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
If everyone coming will PM me with their schedule and hotel plans, I'll put together a list and look for a place for Fri dinner.

·
Super Moderator
8,840 Posts
Now I’m wishing I Was going,.....

You guys are really turning this into a nice forum get together. :wink:

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
Now I’m wishing I Was going,.....

You guys are really turning this into a nice forum get together. :wink:
No reason you can't join us for a bit, you'll be close enough.

·
Super Moderator
8,647 Posts
I just did a Travelocity search and found a Comfort Suites just NW of Ocala on 75. Queen rooms $114, King rooms $139. Parking lot has video surveillance. Has 4.5 stars on several review sites. I booked there.

·
Super Moderator
8,840 Posts
Wait, you're the reason I made reservations. Just knew we were all meeting up... :grin2:

Allen
I’ll be checking out your car progress in a few weeks, probably the second week of December.

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
OK everyone:

I am putting together a spreadsheet with everyone's info.
If you send me the following info we can use it to organize the events.

Currently planning for the following:

Friday Morning Pony Drive
VMF group Picture - after the Pony Drive
Friday night dinner - Meet & Greet
Sat Morning meet and park together at the show

VMF Name
Name
Spouse
Hotel
Arrival day - Time
Depart day - Time
Car you will driving
Color
Cell #
Email
Number in Party
Pony Drive yes/no
Fri Dinner yes/no
Park together yes/no
Group Pic after Pony Drive yes/no

·
Registered
3,292 Posts

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
That is right by the Country Inn & Suits that I have reservations at. There are a couple of other nice places to eat in that same shopping center.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Right down the street from My hotel (Homewood Suites as well). Sounds like a good place for the Fri Night get together unless someone has a better suggestion.

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
Wait, you're the reason I made reservations. Just knew we were all meeting up... :grin2:

Allen
Allen, What route do you plan to take down to Ocala? I am thinking we'll take the back roads through the Panhandle and avoid I10 and I75. Probably 20 to Tally, then 19 to Perry, in Perry we can pick up 27/41 all the way to Ocala. Another option is 98 from Perry to Chiefland, then Alt 27 to Ocala.

My car is just back on the road and hasn't seen Highway use in 20 years. Not sure I want to push too hard. Figuring take it slow with frequent stops.

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
Allen, What route do you plan to take down to Ocala? I am thinking we'll take the back roads through the Panhandle and avoid I10 and I75. Probably 20 to Tally, then 19 to Perry, in Perry we can pick up 27/41 all the way to Ocala. Another option is 98 from Perry to Chiefland, then Alt 27 to Ocala.

My car is just back on the road and hasn't seen Highway use in 20 years. Not sure I want to push too hard. Figuring take it slow with frequent stops.
I'm thinking along the same lines as you. I'm not sure the last time mine saw road use unless you count the 20 minutes I was out yesterday. I did get her up to 80 on the 4 lane just to "try" her out. We're planning to leave that Thursday and take it easy. I've actually taken the route through Perry before I remember it to be a pretty good route. I'm going to make sure I make a few short road trips before this one though. I'd like to get a little more use to her and make sure she's ready. I have more work to be done before then anyway, just hope I can get her to the point I can drive it down and back.

Whichever way we go, it certainly wouldn't hurt to have a few going the same route, in case...

Allen

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
I'm thinking along the same lines as you. I'm not sure the last time mine saw road use unless you count the 20 minutes I was out yesterday. I did get her up to 80 on the 4 lane just to "try" her out. We're planning to leave that Thursday and take it easy. I've actually taken the route through Perry before I remember it to be a pretty good route. I'm going to make sure I make a few short road trips before this one though. I'd like to get a little more use to her and make sure she's ready. I have more work to be done before then anyway, just hope I can get her to the point I can drive it down and back.

Whichever way we go, it certainly wouldn't hurt to have a few going the same route, in case...

Allen
We take the back road from Ocala a lot. Hate the traffic on the interstate. The back was is a nice road and scenic. I am still sorting my car out too. Currently fixing the brakes, next up is a alignment, and I may have to replace some tires. They sat and may no longer be round. Hoping they just need balancing. Then I think the C4 pan may be leaking.. Everything else seems to be running well. We'll also have a van following just in case.

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
We take the back road from Ocala a lot. Hate the traffic on the interstate. The back was is a nice road and scenic. I am still sorting my car out too. Currently fixing the brakes, next up is a alignment, and I may have to replace some tires. They sat and may no longer be round. Hoping they just need balancing. Then I think the C4 pan may be leaking.. Everything else seems to be running well. We'll also have a van following just in case.
How many responses have you gotten Flade?

Allen

61 - 80 of 262 Posts