Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not too comfortable with having the Border guards poking and prodding, sniffer dogs, etc, my `66 Mustang after all of the hard work done. As such, I'm staying on my own turf until I do feel OK about it. I brought my car down for the show in 2001 just before 9/11, but now......? Did anyone have a bad border experience either last year or this year?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Sure did, it was great!!! No problems with the border, none what so ever, oh yah maybe one.... :: Getting over the speed bumps in my car lol. This was the first year my dad and I went down there. We both plan on going down next year but next time we'll go down on Thursday rather than Sunday morn'n. Where abouts in BC are you???
Tom

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm on Vancouver Island. Courtenay to be exact.
I have the Ferry to contend with so that's another "scratch and chip" worry with doors and people inching between cars.
I'm like a first time mother with this baby. worry, worry! ::

·
Registered
651 Posts
I cross into the states all the time with my '92 rag, and to a lesser extent with the '65. I have never had a problem, and as a matter of fact I spent close to ten minutes talking Mustangs with the US Customs guard the last time a couple of weeks back. He kept pretending to look at my ID the whole time, I guess so his boss would think he was working. ::
Paul.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just crossed over and back last weekend with no problems at all, nor did I notice anyone else being delayed. I crossed at Sumas and both Canadian and American border officers were quick, professional and friendly.
BTW - Spent last week house boating at Shuswap Lake. Met a bunch of very fun, friendly and outgoing Canadians - loved it, all except the price of gas!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts