Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have recommendations for a shop to replace a 67 Mustang cowl on Long Island?
I contacted a bunch of places who either quoted me an outrageous number ($8k-$10k) or didn’t sound like they have done it before.
thanks!

·
Registered
467 Posts
Does anyone have recommendations for a shop to replace a 67 Mustang cowl on Long Island?
I contacted a bunch of places who either quoted me an outrageous number ($8k-$10k) or didn’t sound like they have done it before.
thanks!
Cowl replacement would be expensive to pay for on a car that isn't having any other work done. There is a lot of stuff that has to come apart and/or get in the way (IE: everything behind the dash, the windshield, all the front sheet metal, possibly the engine depending on the shop, etc). The cowl replacement is the "easy"/quick part. It's everything around it that sucks time/money. So, get ready to pay a premium if that's the only work you need done, and that's not including any paint or refinishing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.