Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Item #2486600228
Wow...some people just have to have it dont they!!!
Theres even a few days left and it could go higher...

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
I knew it was a crossram without even looking at the auction....

These are rare as hen's teeth.

·
Premium Member
3,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I seen one at a swap meet for $900 4 years ago without carbs. I am now kicking my self. I thought about putting it on my 69Z clone.

·
Registered
531 Posts
...and they say Ford stuff is overpriced and more expensive to build and engine!

Is there a comparable Ford engine part that could net this kind of bidding?

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
...and they say Ford stuff is overpriced and more expensive to build and engine!

Some of the FE stuff can get pretty pricey, 427 cammers and boss 429 parts are pricey....

·
Registered
758 Posts
The 427 OHC, but you have to have something as wide as a Continental to fit it. :)

Maybe the Cross Boss manifold - I think only 1-200 of those were ever cast.

I had a friend with a 383 Challenger - it had some sort of tripower manifold that was never released for public sale. His had hand-written flow bench charts.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Holy crap! I know they're rare, and I know NOS and rare mean big cash, but WTF??? Now I'm just sad I didn't buy a certain '69 Malibu I once found in Pennsylvania 15 years ago. They wanted $900 for it, it ran well, had a 4 speed and a small block. But the kicker was the FOUR 2 barrel Holleys sitting on top. I later found out that it was likely one of the 4 or so intakes built by Offy for the original Grandsport Corvettes. :(

·
Premium Member
1,393 Posts
I bought a complete 1969 unit, with linkage, in the 70's for $200. I put it on my 1972 Z.....It actually ran pretty good..

I think I sold it in the 80's for about $500....

Gary

1 - 10 of 10 Posts