Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this has been posted before. Do not try this on public streets.

He grinds the 4/5 shift...OUCH!
(Windows Media video)

Here's the video

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
I think his speedo is off, the world does not appear to be flashing by his windows anywhere near as fast as it ought to be if he were really going that fast.

John Harvey ::

·
Registered
315 Posts
And still another gear left... ooh the possibilities!

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
JSHarvey is right.....doesnt look like he topped 120.

The engine sounds good.....the tranny doesnt LOL

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
BTW......

I thought Ford put a speed governor on the Mustang, even the hot ones, at around 150 or 155???? I'll have to check that out to confirm. Maybe some late model Mustang owners can confirm/deny this.....

randy

·
Premium Member
7,773 Posts
Regardless of whether he really got to 160 or not, what a moron. Glad my wife and kids weren't on that road with him.

Complete fuggin moron.

-bob

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
hehe...my mustang used to go to over 160....off course I changed the gearing from 2.8 to 4.11 and haven't adjusted the speedo yet ;)

His speedo shows 100 MPH at 4800 RPM in 4th which is 1:1 I beleive. Anyone got a calculator?

·
Premium Member
2,294 Posts
I hate to tell you guys, but his speedo is correct. I entered all the information about a 2003 Cobra, and alll the gear ratios, tire size, redline at 6500 RPM..... you can look at the table here. In the video, 5th gear, spinning 6000 RPMS his speedo says 160... well this says he would be doing 155 MPH, so thats close enough for me... you can view the table here if youd like to see for yourself...

http://www.car-videos.com/tools/speedrpm.asp?Car=Select&Num1=275&Num2=40&Num3=17&AxleRatio=3.55&Ratio1=2.66&Ratio2=1.78&Ratio3=1.30&Ratio4=1.00&Ratio5=0.80&Ratio6=0.63&Ratio7=&Redline=6500&Increment=500&B1=Recalculate

Also, here is the specs on the 2003 Cobra:

http://www.svtoasandiego.com/03spec1.html

And here is the site I used to calculate his speed:

http://www.car-videos.com/tools/speedrpm.asp

So the video is correct.

·
Registered
36,618 Posts
Nooooooo way is he doing 160, unless the SUV in the right lane is doing about 100! I think this is what happens when you put some real steep rear gear in, and don't change the speedo drive!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
"chips" went out with OBD I. In 1996, OBD II cars no longer accepted chips, but rather, the computer needs to reprogrammed according to whatever mods have been done. At any rate, I'm still up to running one of the 03's. bring em on....

randy ;)

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
a stock 03 cobra will SPANK a stock ss camaro or a WS6.....i give the camaros credit they are fast , but not as fast as the cobra. hell on the street sometimes newer Z and even ss have a hard time even kicken my cars butt, and i dont have 5.7 litres on tap ...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts