Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK. its been over 3 painful weeks since I found this convert in a barn out in the country. The next day I found the owner before he walked to work coming out of his house.He lives in town now. I asked him about stuff around the farm place where he used to live before hitting him up about the car. I asked him if it was for sale. He said I suppose, I will never get around to it anyway. Dam, I started to stutter. I then asked him what would you like to get out of it. He said $1000. Now Im trying not to pass out. Then I told him I would like to go take a better look at it now that I have found the owner because I didnt want to snoop without permission. This was a suck up statement because I had already been all over it. Trying to play it cool and not seem to over excited or loose the asking price. Then I couldnt wait any more. I went back over to his house at noon break 5 hours later and told him I went out and looked at it, and if he was serious about the 1K, I could live with that. Then heres the part everyone dreds. "I'll think about it"...he says. "My niece might want it, I will have to ask her". Crap. It took him 2 weeks to ask her and when he did she said she didnt know what she wanted to do with the car. Thats when I decided to do something I never have had to do before...I went over to their house and had a nice short talk with her husband. I got him to admit the car was too much project for them to take on. They want to side their house and other things. Thats when I told him, I'd give his wife a crisp $100 bill if she changed her mind. Yes a bribe! His eyes lit up and he said he would talk to her. Do you think it might work? If this deal falls through, its still been alot of fun. Oh well, now to sit back and see what developes. :p

·
Registered
314 Posts
You go, man! Whatever it takes. I don't think I would have thought of doing what you did. Just think if you get it what kind of stories you can tell about aquiring it.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Good luck on getting the Torino. They are lots of fun to drive. BTW what engine does it have?

G

·
If the $100 doesn't work offer to put siding on the house. It's worth it as long as the car stops sitting and possibly rotting.
1K sounds unreal. Don't give up till chased away at gunpoint, repeatedly.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Yes Dearborn Classics has them. Also you can check Auto Krafters , Crites Restorations , and Obsolete Ford Parts . Dearborn Classics should have just about everything you would need except for maybe some weird clips or something like that. Most of my car was finished when I got it, but what I needed came from Dearborn.
Good luck getting it and let me know if I can be of any help.
PS I have found quite a few Mustang parts that will cross over.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
Next time take the entire $1000 cash and spread it out in front of them. Money talks and etc. You would be surprised at how quickly someone will make up their mind when they see the cash. DON'T give them all the money until you have the title in your hot little hands.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.