Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, I just finished my garage & before I start loading it up with dead cars, I wanted to pick up some whel dollies so I can move the cars around w/ease. well these things are not cheap, so i thought I would build my own, just wondering if anyone has done so yet?>

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
I bought a set similar to these. They work great and are plenty beefy for a Stang. I can't imagine that you could build your own for less that $55 per set of four.

·
AKA Exchevman
5,383 Posts
Sorry D / P

·
AKA Exchevman
5,383 Posts
Check Harbor Freight. They work petty good. I dont think you could get the castors for that kind of cash

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I got a set for 29.99 a pair. I can push my 66 all over my garage now. One giant rollerskate! ::

·
Registered
313 Posts
going the extra chep way i found 3 supermarket cars, disassembled the baskets, used 2 for the car body( terrific mobility) and one for the engine and tranny in one assembly, bound them to be maneuverable and strong.

·
Registered
10,602 Posts
I've got the Harbor Freight dollys. They work pretty well, even on a fully assembled car.

You couldn't build a set for the price.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts